1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ashishhawk, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ashishhawk

ashishhawk

Pune
    Monsoon rain in pune finally got on my nerves and i said "No more" ..After being drenched everyday and getting frustated (Hinjewadi is pune's very own cherapunji ;) ) i decided that i will go for my first set of 4 wheels .

Having driven a number of cars (10 in india(family and friends) and ard 25 in USA(rentals)) ,i was looking for a car that has VFM .The following conditions were in mind when i decided to start the search
    1)It should be a sedan(somehow i don't like hatchbacks)
    2)Diesel engine(petrol prices have made my karizma appear costlier than car)
    3)Handling and Ride quality should be high
    4)The car should appeal to my instict (might sound weird)

On above params three cars were shortlisted
    1)VW Vento
    2)ANVF
    3)FIAT Linea

VW Vento TD Experience -
    I scheduled the TD at my office during lunch time .The sales guy arrived late with a red VW Vento Diesel ..
    Color -Not Impressive
    Looks -Just Ok
    The gear system in Vento was a bit different with reverse along side first gear (Much like new Tata Trucks ;) ).The clutch has a shake which was noticably annoying .Engine power was good .Ride Quality was upto the mark .Handling was not great but good .

The car was good but two things came against it
    1) My instinct didn't liked it
    2) Even spending a huge amount of money everything was missing from console (No ICE ,No Bluetooth etc)
    Verdict -NO

Verna Experience-
    Diesel TD not available .Sales Guy came with white petrol Version .
    Color -Impressive
    Looks -Great
    The gear had a very light feeling and so was the sterring which was kinda annoying as i like good feedback from the steering .Engine power was good .Though ANVF had some serious body roll and felt too much jumpy .Feeling was like a boat.Lot of features impressed me though

The car was great but negative were following
    1)EPS
    2)Body Roll
    3)Jumpy Ride
    4)My instinct didn't liked it

Verdict NO

LINEA Experience
    As usual called for TD at my office .The sales guy was right on time (he scored some brownie points here ).He came with a flamenco Red Linea MJD
    Color -Awesome .
    looks -Awesome

Following things impressed me
    1) Superb Handling and Ride quality
    2) HPS which gives a good FeedBack
    3)Very Low Body Roll
    4) Lots of Features
    5)Price

However there were a few let Downs
    1) Not so good interior plastics
    2)Engine Power was not so great but adequate

And above all my instinct said a yes as soon as finished my test drive

Verdict -Yes

--------to be continued
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Ashish on your new acquisition.
    And welcome to TFI.
  3. saatwikawasthi

saatwikawasthi

Noida
    I am sure you won't regret you selection........... As Linea for has being bring more smile per mile :)
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Ashish!

Enjoy your ride :)
  5. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    congrats for the decision!

karizma+Linea MJD?.............. we are on a same frequency buddy, cheers! :drinks
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ashishhawk welcome to Team FIAT India and good to see that you selected Linea over Vento and Verna.

Didnt you check ANFF.
  7. ashishhawk

ashishhawk

Pune
    ANFF diesel is out of Budget .Heard good things about ANFF.They hae trying to sell on features which i believe is similar to Blue n me

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Ya Man ..I am still in love with my first love THE BLACK KARIZMa which i customized with old type skirting to make it look like sports bike and believe me it fly .Have touched 140km/hr with my karizma (do try this on any bike )

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

--Continued
    Finalizing MJD was the beginning .My wife who was very very apprehensive about FIAT needed some convincing .
    We went to Pandit Automotive Pimpri for initial paper work and paid 50k as booking amount .The car was promised in Mid Oct.I asked for pre-registeration inspection and Sales Guy was cooperative .
    On 4th Oct got a call that My car is in stockyard ready for inspection .Sales guy offered to bring the car to showroom for inspection which i readily agreed.
    I went to the showroom at around 10.30 and there it was My Flamenco Red Linea MJD a bit unpolished and with dirt and dust .Felt like a bit of anticlimax :punch
    However car was in good running condition .I had a list of things to check already prepared .Checked for everything .There was some problem with the co passenger seat which he agreed to get fixed .
    Tata finance guy promised me an 11.25% fixed interest rate but tried to sell out a life insurance product with the same .He said it was optional .Later when i refused he said that 11.25 can no longer be offered as i have declined additional life insurance .I was furious and had various rounds of heated conversation with Tata finace ppl.Later they agreed to keep 11.25% with any additional insurance premium :) ...
    The date of car delivery was fixed to 20th Oct .I took leave on the same day (though that was not required ).Went to showroom at round 5.00 pm .Everything was ready including the papers ,warranty cards and everything .
    I did a full inspection again and check for all documents and finally got my JET keys
    I have made no additions to my cars yet except the PVS mats .
    Sales Feedback - Contrary to the horror stories involved with FIAT sales ,my experience was v good . Sales Guy Ragunath was very helpful .He did not tried to Sell out any TATA cars .Explained all the features very well .Cooperated fully during the entire sales process . He even gave me reference to SAs at Service Centre .
    It has been around 1k kms on Odo and now i am addicted to third love of my life :car
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011