1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack Bossa Nova White

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Aug 19, 2010.

1. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Vijay,

Very good review of your Linea's 18k kms driving. I also drove Linea in the hills & found driving very efortless.

Regarding Paint sticker, I will have to look in my Linea which is also Bossa Nova White(as it has gone out of station, my brother has taken it) will take 2 days to give you the information if the sticker is there.

Regarding speakers it is upto you to change the same. Try to change the same under warranty & if it is working well why to void the warranty.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think one can change the speakers. They wont open your doors. Changing the speakers is a minor thing. People get whole music system installed from outside.
    Regarding color code, there is no sticker on mine too.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Thanks Naren and Paddleshifter.
    For speaker change I will visit ASS and see which speakers they have and would have to choose from the speakers they recommend and have in stock. Would be costly but warranty will not get void. I just hope they stock some good quality speakers and have a good installer. I guess even Sony comps will do for me if they are as good as the oval speakers in our 800.
    While cleaning the car today I found a checklist in my car hidden under the boot carpet of the car. It's the Checklist for checking the quality check on a car. And it was not done on my car properly. I am happy that atleast they did a QC for ABS and Airbags. That tells why some cars have niggling problems. In a checklist of 78 inspection only 14 were performed during Q.C.
    The date on Paper is 17/07/09. My car was also manufactured in 07 month.

Image (9).jpg

Image (10).jpg
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ha ha. That's funny. I will check the boot of mine as well. Wish I get surprised to see a copy too. Another hidden feature of Fiat cars. They provide PDI checklist as well. :evilsmile

I guess it would be good to talk to your service manager that you want some specific speakers installed in your Linea. Maybe he can tell you if your warranty will stay in that case or he may get them arranged for you at the dealership itself.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    One Indica driver today banged my Linea from back while the car was standing still in traffic jam on Kurali bridge.
    Damage done bumper gone, chrome strip gone, number plate + it's lghts gone. I think my bumper is cursed it's the third time it have been banged without any fault of mine. :A
    I learnt one lesson today if you have to travel to Punjab don't bother taking your car their. Train is the best mode of travel in Punjab. The road is just full of idiots who see themselves as F1 drivers. The moment they see space they just know one thing press the pedal fully and don't bother about any accident. When I asked for compensation he said "keda compensation ji oh ki hunda ae mere naal faaltu di gal na karo nahin taan bande bulla levanga pher dekho ki hunda ae"(What's compensation don't talk rubbish with me or I will call people to beat you up and see what happens) Thank god I studied in College in Ropar and I knew some local people who helped me taking compensation.
    Hey and don't bother calling police in Punjab the number would always be engaged and by any chance if the phone is not engaged nobody will pickup the phone. In punjab you dont drive a car you have to protect it like a bodyguard you just don't know from where some skoda aur indica will come from.
    Favorite dialoge of punjab tu iddhar hi ruk main bande bulanda hann. Tu jaanda ni ey mainu je ik phone kita na 20-25 safari aa jani hai bande bhar bhar key (Stay here for some time I am calling some persons. You don't know who I am if I will make one call 20-25 safaris will come with people to beat you up)
    Hockey stick is a must have item in car you have to drive in Punjab you don't when someone calls some people to beat you up. ( You can manage without toolbox in car but not without a hockey in boot)
    People in punjab just know one thing put the alloy's, amplifier, woofer, illedgal tints and play the this song on full volume (Woofer ey tu meri meri main tera amplifier fier, speed ch main 220 di challan ............ i am rider)
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The traffic situation completely changes as one enters Mohali from Chandigarh. No respect for fellow riders.
    Sorry to hear that Vijay. I used to live in Mohali till 1996. I completely understand.

I was going to Mohali during the end of my internship days and this young Sardar ji kid(I'm sure he wasn't 18-19even) was driving his M800 with 100% tints, 205 width tyres that were 50% outside the chassis (like a SUV) at a speed of 70-80kmph and missed me by just an inch.

Worse are the Haryana Roadways drivers that drive with anger inside their head and suffer from road rage quite frequently.
    My old M800 was hit by a Haryana Roadways bus while I was stationary at a traffic light in Chandigarh earlier this year.
    But what can you do.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    My car is back after repair work. The new paint is a little more white than original paint might be due to my car being 1 year old. Other than that the work done is very good.
    The new rear bumper have also got cap for attaching tow hook. Wonder why it wasn't in old one.
    Waxed the car yesterday using Amway Silicone Glaze Autopolish and the car is shining like new. Much better than fake Formula 1 wax that we get in market.
    Discovered a small leak in exhaust pipe connection. It's very small and I think when the car was hit from back it also touched silencer and misaligned the pipe connection have to get it sorted ASAP.
    Car will be doing 400 km trip with my dad, mom and my father's office Tata Sumo driver. I just hope driver doesn't abuse the car and clutch while going uphill.Have asked dad to drive the car atleast in plain area.
    Drove the car today morning redlining it in 3rd gear and it was very fun drive. MID showed 9.8 km/lt as fuel consumption. Drive was fully pedal to metal and I never had so much fun driving Linea. It delivers great power upto 4500 rpm. Even fuel cut-off was activated by ECU at little above 5000 rpm( Experienced it first time)
    Front right door sometimes doesn't open from outside also have to get it checked
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    My car have completed 19200 kms and is doing great.
    Again my rear bumper have been banged twice after repairing but thankgod this time the bumper didn't lost it shape and only small scratches are there.
    I got the leaking exhaust pipe, fuel pipe plastic cover and doors noise checked at Banarassi Dass Automobiles, Panchkula. I went in to workshop at 11 in the morning and came out at 5 in the evening.
    All the above said work was done in 2 hour but I had asked them to clean the whole car and that took so much time.
    The cleaning was perfect and exterior + interior is now super clean. S.A was friendly and enthusiastic about his work.
    All the work was done under warranty. Only washing charges of Rs 300/- were charged.
    The hump in rear seat is unnecessarily there Fiat could have easily made that area flat if they wanted to as exhaust pipe is not running through the hump. Exhaust pipe runs below the hump. See the first photo for more info.
    Here are some pictures of underbody of car

View attachment DSC00010.JPG

View attachment DSC00011.JPG

View attachment DSC00016.JPG

View attachment DSC00019.JPG
  9. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    nothing will happen ,they just try to scare you ....Ive installed JBL 265C in the front and 265 coax in the rear and the sound is xcellent!and the best part is ,for the front component ,the tweeter just slips behind the small grill provided just next to the door opening lever!!no drilling of holes on the door pad!! clearly a european design,ive see the same in BMW too!! so just go ahead and do the upgrade,they are just going to plug out the old and plug in the new speakers nothing else,yes do not install a woofer with an amp. etc which will entail extra wiring etc.but to change the stock speakers ? no problem there i think...