1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Offers

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by yomanyo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    my linea(march manufactured) & linea of ma relative(april made) has rattling sound from the chassis,heard from the boot area.Service centre guys said its a spot welding issue & its with lineas manufactured till june of 2012.Confirmed the same with fiat officials during my plant visit,rattling is due to spot welding issues and Fiat has increased the no of spots welds as a solution to it.Supervisor at my service centre has said me that this spot welding issue was due to some problems in the dye used by the vendor,which resulted in weak welds.
    Ya its easy for technically sound & experienced guys to solve this issue.But it requires minimum of one week time,entire rear area of the car will be ripped apart,in extreme cases even the wind screen has to be removed.If anyone needs to solve it,ensure that the service centre does the job with someone from fiat technical team assisting them.One guy in trivandrum sold off his linea,as the service centre guys failed to solve the issue,and made the story worse by cutting the chassis using a gas cutter and joined it back using conventional welding techniques and the poor customer is not even aware of it.I came to know about it from a relative who was working there at that time.So please ensure the presence of Fiat team in solving this issue if your service centre is not that experienced.Mohandas motors in trivandrum now lacks it,as a very much experienced,tech sound supervisr has resigned and joined Nissan due to some issues with the management.
  2. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Asif,

My Linea is going to be June manufatured vehicle; do you say even June vehicles are impacted. How do I check whether my car has that issue? Please help.
  3. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    In my car the rattling started after 5000kms.Therz no way to chk it.To be on safer side try to get a newer model.Anyway cars till April is affected.Why take the risk?Opt fr a newer one,cost may be on higher side and you will have piece of mind,as Linea is a great car to own and drive.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also if ur going with june manufactured car get assurance from Fiat that they will replace the car if this problem occurs.
  4. yomanyo

yomanyo Timido

Pondicherry
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions and wishes. I have reqeusted the dealer to get a car manufactured post July and the SA said he will do his best. I read in some other forum that Lineas manufactured post June does not have the 16" alloy spare wheel for Emotion variant. Is that true? Do you folks have any insight on it.

Thanks again!
  5. yomanyo

yomanyo Timido

Pondicherry
    My Linea is going to be June made. I made a request to get a vehicle manufactured after July but couldnt get one. I dont know the entire process but I'm getting confirmation from them that there's no such problem and if its there to change the vehicle. Will keep you guys posted.

Mine is going to be Oceanic Blue 1.3 MJD Emotion with Absolute Edition - 9.58L on road with free body cover :)
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations yomanyo on your beauty!!!

9.58L on road for Linea 2012 Emotion Absolute sounds very good especially if you compare with us Bangaloreans :) Even with the offers you mentioned, the price would be easily close to 11lakhs in Bangalore I guess.

Which city are you from?
    1 person likes this.
  7. yomanyo

yomanyo Timido

Pondicherry
    Thank you snck. I think the price difference is mainly due to road taxes since I'm from Pondicherry.
  8. arunabhis

arunabhis Timido

Mumbai
    Hi all , even i have booked a linea emotion , the VIN no. allotted to me suggests that the car is June Manfactured . The color is Oceanic blue. I am keeping my finger crossed , but now would definately check the car inside out before i make the final payment and take delivery

@ yomanyo when are you getting the delivery of your car?