1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Absolute (Bossa Nova White)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by limraj, Jan 15, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Everyone,

I am Limraj, from Trivandrum, Kerala. I have booked a Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Absolute (Bossa Nova White) and waiting for Delivery.
    I have done the PDI with the check list from TFI, last Saturday (Jan 12th).
    The Odo read H9. The car had one problem : The Fuel lid was not closing. It did not open when I pulled the lever on the driver side too.
    The dealer agreed to fix it before registration. Otherwise, the car looked fine.
    I need one help from TFIans : The radio had all the 1-6 presets to some frequency. Also, the name of the Radio station was also shown in the cluster display.
    Is this normal? Did some one pre-set the radio channels? If not How does the station name appears?
    Please see a photo taken during the PDI.

photo.jpg
    Background
    ========
    I have made a change of job to my home town in November 2012 and office-home distance is 27kms one way. I was searching for a used diesel car for office commutation instead of my old WagonR. Punto was my favourite. (I wanted to buy the Fiat Palio as my first car, but it was expensive by 1 Lakh and my pocket was not deep enough.)

I had shared the idea with my father-in-law as well. He has a 10 year old Santro which is picking up lot of problems nowadays and monthly expense went beyond 6000 for 3 consecutive months. My idea was to sell the Santro and keep my WagonR in FIL's house and get a Punto Diesel for myself.
    But, things took a turn when we saw the ad of 7Lakhs interest free loan for a new Vento. We went for a test drive and FIL liked its looks and I liked the turbo power which helps to overtake. He was longing to get a new car, in the evening of the same day, he asked why can't we buy a new one?. From there on we were searching for a new car.

Options
    =====
    1. VW Vento - FIL's original choice, by looks.
    2. Fiat Linea - My original choice, from my heart.
    3. Renault Duster - My co-brother's suggestion.

Duster - FIL was particular that he would go for a Sedan. Also, Duster's interiors was not as luxurious as the other two. It was not VFM at all. We would have spent 2L additional for Airbags & ABS variant. However, I liked driving it through the potholes.
    Vento - the 7 lakh interest free loan was not for the Highline (ie, no safety features). Its ground clearance was 168mm. There are 2 more Ventos in the family and they both complain scrapping the bottom often. Low GC went against Vento.
    Linea - It had the looks, most important for FIL, it had great GC 185mm, safety and other features below 10L. One family member who owns Linea from 2009, says "The right choice".
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulation and welcome Limraj.
    This is absolutely normal feature of OE ICE set-up.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, Limraj. The radio station names are not preset. It appears even if you do the scan by overriding the previous preset. Keep posting your owner review and a lots of pics of the Linea here.
  4. murugusec

murugusec Timido

CHENNAI
    congrats for your new linea!!!
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hi Limraj congratulations for your Italian beauty.

Dont worry about the radio station names as they appear whenever you scan for them. Do start your ownership review with beautiful photos.
    1 person likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thx All. That clears the confusion.
    Sure, I am waiting to get my hands-on to post ownership review.
    However one more query.
    Should I do under-body/anti-rust/paint protection/tefloan coatings?
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Limraj I will suggest you go for underbody and antirust treatment for your Linea.

As per my knowledge there is no such thing called tefloan coating. If you are ok to spend bit extra then visit 3M get paint protection treatment.
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do an under body anti-rust coating. I think 3M is having package for the paint protection treatment, under body anti-rust coating and all. Check with the 3M site.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats Limraj and welcome to the family.

Dont worry too much about the Radio Staion preset and display in the MID. Please take time to read the owner's manual and you will find your answers there. FIAT cars come with underbody anti-rust treatment done in the plant, but it might still be a good idea to get it done in outside. 3M's treatment is highly recommended.

I believe you are referring to Teflon coating. Please do not go for that. It is not recommended. As Kedar has already suggested, please go for 3M's paint protection treatment. Please be advised that this treatment needs to be done ASAP after taking delivery.

All the very best with your new car. Enjoy.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats & welcome to TFI... :)