1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion (2013) - Minimal Grey - All Mods discussion.

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by Lunafiatic, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Hey Fiatmates. Hope everyone's rocking and enjoying their Italian beauties coz I certainly am. Well, my babe is 5 months old and she looks spectacular the way she is right now. However, I am always looking for adding a few stars to her beauty, in whichever way possible and I think the time has come to star the process. Hence, I need your help/reviews/comments to help me achieve this. Most of the Mods are pretty standard and most of you have done it already so it will be easier for me to do it. I will be doing these mods over a period of time and will keep adding to it whenever required. As you already know that, mods don't come in cheap all the time so can't do everything in one go.

Points to note.

1.) I do not have a particular budget as such. I am looking for a value for money proposition. If I like, I buy it. Expensive stuff is not good always, as per my experience.
    2.) Mods are not limited to a DIY or non-DIY project. Anything that looks feasible, works for me.

Here is the list:

1.) Vinyl roof wrap Black (suggestions for any other colors are welcome)
    2.) Custom Mesh grille same as in the pic attached below
    3.) Re-map - a must
    4.) Rear Spolier.
    5.) Heads up display with integrated navigation
    6.) Audio system upgrade with Damping.
    7.) Smoked tail lamps & Headlamps with with projector setup.
    8.) Painted/powder coated alloys.

more to come ..

Folks - please provide your inputs with whether or not I should go ahead with any of these mods. I am elaborating each point below to explain what I am after.

1.) I need wrap the look in black and any other appropriate color just for the looks nothing else. Suggestions please.
    2.) I personally think that the grille in the below mentioned pic will look cool however, a render on a Linea would be a good place to start. Anyone with an expertise in rendering can you please provide one on Linea Minimal grey?
    3.) Well, I have said it in the past, one thing that is missing in the Linea is a slight more power as it becomes difficult sometimes to manouver effeciently and also need to downshift a lot of times to get the best output. I have heard very good reviews about the re-map that many of us have done, I am also willing to do it in the near future. I would prefer to take a ride of a re-mapped car first just to get a feel of it.
    4.) I think it looks good.
    5.) Headsup display would be a good thing to have considering the safety on highways. To be frank I think I can still manage with the current standard console but it will definetely be an add-on and a cool thing to have. Also, if it is integrated with GPS nothing like it.
    6.) Audio system upgrade is a must as I strongly believe and have experienced that the stock system is simply pathetic (No offense). It's just my personal opinion. Moreover, it also not as efficient considering the modern day technology. I am planning to upgrade to a 2 DIN unit if that is possible with inbuilt Bluetooth, Aux, USB, radio and GPS Navigation. However, I would like to retain the steering control at least as it is good feature to have. I have already read many threads on the forum including our very own Italia-Linea's thread which has good amount on info on it. However, anything over and about that wold help. The reason to have GPS inbuilt is because I personally do not like a GPS pad hanging from a suction mount on the windsheild. It does not work for me.
    7.) I would like to smoke the head and tile lamps from inside the assembly. Also, this is just for looks and I think it looks cool. However, I am slightly confused whether I should go with just the high capacity Xenon setup or projector ones. What I am trying to achieve here is just better visility on all road conditions and seasons. Though angel eyes and projetors look cool, I will choose safety over looks.
    8.) Painted or powder coated alloys is not a must but I think I will do it , only for the looks, somewhere down the future.

Folks, please provide your valubale inputs.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    You have dug your own Grave. You will be banned now! :(
    1 person likes this.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    It's ok. I will face it.. :D

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    some pics of linea with spoilers... i love spoilers on any car !!!
    1003736_10151552080070922_2044003778_n.jpg
    1001191_10151552080410922_1269366053_n.jpg
    1016835_10151552082625922_142629183_n.jpg
    1005212_10151552083170922_1628017707_n.jpg
    My choice.. go for the last lip spoiler and paint it black !!
    look like this : 1535521_568533153222045_809551797_n.jpg

Mesh grille? yes... a pic of the same which has been shared here before !!
    1098299_404661409634899_1278258482_n.jpg

Black roof?Yes...Gloss black.. i thik 3m has proper gloss black wrap.. which looks like glass.. saw it in a fb page:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...154.1073741858.440771212664907&type=3&theater

smoke the tail lights lightly around 50%.. not dark..which ll look like this
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tfi-classifieds/11385-*smoked-punto-tail-lamps-sale*.html

smoked headlamps: there is already a thread running here in tfi..
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrica...moked-headlights-assembly-punto-linea-19.html

projector thread is already running here:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrica...ps-first-ever-linea-projector-headlights.html

for audio, Read through the ICE thread fully taking your own time, answers to everything is there....

For remap, Kedar is there in your neighborhood, he just did it !!

If you are having the 16" turbine alloys, then try doing something like this !!:
    1458502_10151815557395922_1662133678_n.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Thanks Varun that's a lot of information you have put up with samples. Appreciate you consolidating the information. It will definitely help others as well. Like i have said i have read most of the threads but I am looking for specifics. I think I am going to go over each mod one by one and start posting it here as and when I start to do it or complete it. Thanks again. BTW I forgot attaching a sample myself. Here we go. 2011-Fiat-Grande-Punto.jpg

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    silver grille would look good in dark colors like black or tuscan wine.. since yours is silver, contrasting black would look better...
    also the grille with a thick frame, as in the linea above, would anyday look better n feel aftermarket than without a frame, which you shared...

Here is a dedicated thread for that, check: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/modifications-tuning/10534-improving-looks-punto.html

here is an alto's mesh grille which a friend of mine,aneesh, did...
    1526669_574063212663224_1830295652_n.jpg
  7. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Well, it's been a long time I wanted to update this thread with the recent developments and today is that day finally. Following is the list of developments I have made till date. More to come in the near future.

1.) Black vinyl roof wrap
    2.) Remap - done and very happy with it.
    3.) Smoked tail lamps and they look awesome.
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Could you post the pics of your car? Wanted to see how the vinyl roof looks..And from where did you do the remap?
  9. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Sure, I will upload a few pics soon. Also, I got the remap done from Wolf Moto. All of the members cars here in Pune, are done by them.
    1 person likes this.
  10. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Even I'm planning to go with them. Called up them. Seems like Rajeev is out of country. Planning to do it as soon as he is back :)