1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD 2012 : We want Automatic Transmission

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by anicaution, Oct 23, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

AT- NO NO NO

DuaLogic- YES

Last weekend we were at a popular 5 star restaurant for dinner with clients visiting from Germany and Sweden. There were 5 guests in all. Two of them chose to get dropped back to their hotel in my CEO's Audi A6 (Chauffer driven), the remaining 3 chose to come in my T-jet, though they had a choice of a Skoda Superb, a Fortuner and my humble FIAT. That speaks volumes of the appeal of the Linea. AT will kill the driving fun of the car.

My personal choice would always be a MT. I specifically ask for MT even when renting a car in the US, but very rarely succeed in getting one. :D

2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    sat, this is not going to happen in near future, its waste to have discussion on this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    AT has never been successful in India. Established players like Maruti, Hyundai and Honda itself failed to make a hit. Fiat which is struggling to even settle down will not even think about introducing AT. It doesn't make any sense too.
    1 person likes this.
  4. There are three technologies currently(in layman terms)

1)AT with torque converter- Poor FE
    2) CVT gearbox --Good FE but still less than MT
    3) Dual logic(MT+ AT) -- Same FE in both MT and AT

Out of which most of the automatics that came in India were #1 including latest Honda Brio,but #3 has potential to succeed in India as FE does't drop between AT and MT options but we need to see how many of TFIe's will opt for it.

FIAT folks will be watching this, what is wrong with getting to know what's in the mind of FIAT customer?
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

A autobox would be good to have but it should have paddle-shifters for quick downshifting as and when required.