1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea 1.3 MJD 2012 : We want Automatic Transmission

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by anicaution, Oct 23, 2012.

1. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Hi All,

In this segment only Hyundai verna is offering Automatic Transmission in Diesel.

Fiat should launch the Linea with AT.

It will be great.

Anicaution
    1 person likes this.
  2. I second that, may be it's time to introduce dual-logic gear box and 16./1.9 MJD engine with European interiors.
    FIAT will get ahead of it's competition with this move.
    P.S: 2012 is almost over it needs to be in 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Can we start a poll in this thread for automatic Diesel gearbox? I would love to drive Punto or Linea with automatic transmission.
    How many of you feel the same way let us poll.
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Anyway my Linea is not even a year old, so I will keep it for good long time. I don't care if FIAT launches automatic cars now but Yes to keep itself ahead of all other car companies FIAT should launch AT in Linea & Punto, at least optional in top end model.
    1 person likes this.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Linea should be powered with 1.9 Litre engine .. I have heard many people saying.. Linea is Fabulous car ( Some people even say it has very good elegant Look ..it looks as if sister of Merc :) ) but engine is bit underpowered.

IMO - Linea should be offered with existing 1.3 MJD with 1.6 / 1.9 MJD in TOP Model. I Bet it will eat sales of it's rivals.
    Imagine Linea with 2 litre engine with its ride and handling -- Hope this dream come true soon :)
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As more than 90% of the vehicles in the west are Automatic transmission i doubt there isn't one available from FIAT, in Asia market its definitely a + point to introduce Automatic versions
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    ASFAK, only in North America cars are 90% AT, but in Europe still most vehicle are manual transmission. I preferred AT vehicle for its ease of drive in city but you miss the lot of fun of overtaking & quick acceleration. Your drive become so monotonous.
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Is there the market to sell AT car in big volume in India. No.

Fiat need to first allign there car in segment. Linea need big engine as 1.6 or 1.9/2.0 MJD. Even 1.3 Manual are not selling in Market properly, then how AT will sell more. Depend on Market study it need to check If AT is really needed in Indian Market, unless it will be again flop ( inspite of very good product).
    1 person likes this.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Absolutely No need of AT ... Just need xtra Power to overpower Ventos,Vernas etc....
    To Revive sales of linea FIAT must bring 2 litre engine
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Indian market is not that matured enough for auto transmission. Also due to this the price will also increase.
    And for vfm cars of FIAT that will be a big challenge.

I am really fond of auto transmission & definitely one day I will opt for the auto transmission if FIAT cars come with auto x'mission for sure :)

Now my option is Fiat 500 as it came with AT :)