1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No i am on stock H7 55watts,i have to drive in extreme fog at times in odd hours when headlamps simply fail,this is why planning to upgrade fog lamp bulbs,and i already got hella auxiliary lamps installed.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Upgraded fog lamps to H1 100W and there is a noticeable difference in the throw,now the road corners light up brighter than before.
    Phillips rally H1 100W cost me 150 bucks each.Also noticed that the fog lamp glass is actually glass and not plastic.
    And yes no error on MID or bulb error.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Did you change the wiring or just installed the bulb? If it's the latter, I'm afraid the stock might not be able to take the load. Also the fog lamp housing is quite small and the 100w bulbs will cause immense heat.

On a lighter note, I would prefer to follow your Linea than drive towards your Linea with all the lights on.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Fog lamp glass was the real deal even in my Palio. I think, it must be due to the fact that they would be more exposed to stone hits and too much for polycarbonate to handle. I am a bit sceptical about the utility of brighter bulbs in actual fog. Since our cars come with built in relays, it should be good enough to use 100W bulbs. I would have been very surprised if you got any errors on the MID :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Even I am skeptical about the heat,and the fact that I use front fog lights even during daytime on highways.i had replaced as the bumper was getting re painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Akshay, how easy it is to remove the fog lamp bulb once the bumper is off? Am asking about the bulb.

Asking cos I need to remove the moisture that has crept inside my fog-lamps.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Not sure about the Linea, but on the Punto, the fog lamp assembly can be easily removed completely without fiddling with the bumper. Also, The bulbs can be changed without removing the fog lamp assembly by moving aside a part of the wheel well lining but needs getting used to.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Removing the fog lamp is pretty easy,one just needs to remove 3 screws.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I checked the foglamp unit after it was lit for almost 60 minutes,and touched it and burnt my finger,the heat is just tooooo much.
    Will revert to 60W bulbs.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Do you get 60W H1 bulbs? As far as I am aware of it comes in 55W and 100W for the halogen bulbs.

By the way, did you try and align the foglamps?