1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Simple answer - No problem. The relay can stay.

Since the Punto runs H4 which has both Hi and Lo beam filaments in one bulb, there are times when both filaments are lit - when you pull the stalk up to flash, when the headlamp is already on, or when you pull the stack up and hold it there, to force the moron driving towards you with hi-beam on. When this happens, you are essentially drawing 130+110 = 240 watts current. The relay is there, to prevent overload and to cutoff as required. However, if you are using the stock 60/55 setup, with the same relay, though the relay is now redundant, it will not cause any issues.

Rajan
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    No problems with that. You can use the normal bulbs plugged to the relay kit.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok i think after a bit more reading i will go with xtreme vision or 90/110 rally
  4. Go for 100/90 rally, we need it for highways very much.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i'm actually looking for xtreme vision 90/100 only . SInce i already have a relay why not give it the full monty!!
  6. bmyneni

bmyneni

Hyderabad
    Hi All

I am planning of upgrading my Linea head lights with Bi-Xenon projector lamps. please advise the options for the same?

also I am thinking of buying from
    Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Kit.

Please advise!!

Thanks in Advance
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Has anyone upgraded the fog lamps?
    With winters approaching i am thinking of switching to better bulbs.
    I believe bulb/holder type is H1,like the high beam.
    Can i upgrade to 100W bulbs?
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Anyone?
    The bumper will be removed tommorow for some TLC,so i plan to change the bulbs then.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You can upgrade and as said by you they are H1 55W and do update about any difference if observed.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Akshay are you already on 100W low beams? I am not sure but wouldn't 100W low beams be a better move.