1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. no brother i'm not gonna go with the fog lamps :p
  2. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    ramjnji,
    What about your upgradation to projector head lamps?.I am interested in such a setup.Please give all the details and post pictures if you are done with it.
  3. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

MH12
    Hello TFIans,

My first post here and asking about my pet obsession with lighting - searched a lot online, but didn't find any leads.
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the Linea, particularly headlamps ? What is the wire gauge and what is the maximum current the wiring can safely handle ?
    Does the Linea have relay from factory or need to fit aftermarket ?

I have ordered Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs, but am keen to know if fitting higher wattage bulbs are usable.
    I may upgrade to HID but that's for later, if even the highter wattage bulbs don't satisfy my thirst for 'enlightenment' and I can get good quality projectors+HID for a decent price.

TIA
  4. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Gone through all the discussions about the headlight upgrades. My Punto is almost 4 months old and I have felt the need for a better setup. During my highway drives, I feel that the intensity of the light is not good. The throw becomes better when I switch on the Fog lamps, but the front lighting (length) does not improve. I normally do not use the fog lamps in the city nor the high beam. But I am forced to use the high by incoming vehicles.
    At this moment, I would not like to go for an AUX but get an upgrade. Can I use Osram NB+ or any other bulbs just for the fog lamps so that I can switch it on only on the highways? Or do I need to change the headlights and keep the fog lamps as is? Please suggest....
  5. Fog lamp is adequate and does its work quiet well.If you are not satisfied with headlight change the light.
    There are variuos options you can try depending on your requirement and budget.
    1) go for oem replacement with same spec from osram nb+.will cost you 700 approx.(it is better than stock)
    2) go for high wattage light like 100/90 from philips rally with relay will cost you 1500 approx.(very good throw for both high and low beam, and best cheap setup mainly for highways)
    3)HID kit, many brands are available from bosch, philips to chinese.Will cost you anywhere between 3-12k depending on brand and wattage.(looks cool, but hardly will help you on highway)
    4) Go for option 1/2/3 and change the fog lights as well.
    5) you can put aux but car will definitely loose its kewlness.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Osram NB+ is worst than stock bulbs under rainy conditions. I am using this and not that satisfied with it. Try Philips Xtreme vision.
  7. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Will Option 2 affect the warranty? I am yet to get the first service done.
  8. No..see to it wire is not cut..should be an easy 10 min installation job..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Arnab, based on your input, I got into the pricing details from JC road. I have decided to go with the 100/90 Philips Rally. I enquired from a Bosch authorised dealer and also from AK Traders (got a lot of good reviews about him). As per both of them, the best wiring kit is from Philips which already includes a relay. Also, when I asked them about the 100/90 lights from Hella, they told not to go for Hella and prefer Philips instead. I have read that the ceramic holders also needed to be changed from other posts, but they told that there is no need to change the holders. The present holders can take the heat and the Philips wiring kit has a ceramic connector or something which can take care of the extra heat.
    The cost break up:
    Wiring kit: 700
    Bulbs: 160 per piece
    I am curious about the ceramic holders. Do we need to change it or is it ok to go with the stock ones?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm having a small doubt. Currently I'm running on 110/130 Phillips with a relay .
    If i change over to stocks (55/60) should i remove the relay or will it work without any problems ?
    The reason for this question is that for now i've ditched the idea of aux but I want to keep a spare set of bulbs with me ready to replace the worn ones.

I'm planning on buying extreme vision and making it a default setup while i keep these 110/130 as spares