1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Phew - for the benefit of others can you please share the website link on this thread? Even I'm looking for upgradation of headlights on my TJet
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Theretrofitsource.com
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    it has nothing to do with airbags or any of its sensors.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to know. And what was that canbus ballast that you were talking in another thread? Is this a brand or something?

BTW, did you open your headlights?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Headlight upgrade for Linea

Guys, I wish to upgrade the headlights in my Linea. I have spoken to some people and they say that because Linea uses double barrel system (H1+H7) for low and high beam, installing a relay and upgrading to 100/90w bulbs ain't possible. My research tells me that it is possible, but a bit difficult.

I don't want to go for projector setup right now as the car is pretty new and I dont want any tampering right now. I would really love to upgrade using the relay and higher wattage method. I had done that in my Getz and found it extremely efficient - both in terms of cost and performance.

So, for the relay part
    1. Do I need to install 2 sets of relays EACH for H1 and H7 separately? (i.e. a total of 4 numbers of relay) along with ceramic holders for each bulb?

OR

2. Do I try to source a dual relay (if that exists), which has wiring connections for each side enclosed in a single relay? (i.e. total 2 numbers of relay)?

And for the bulbs
    What kind of bulbs are available in H1 and H7? A quick search on Philips automotive lighting website (which sadly was last updated 21-04-2009) tells me that highest available is 100w (H1) and 80w (H7). Is that the case with Osram too?

Any part numbers would be extremely helpful here.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No issues mate. But, you have a bad memory :). I see your posts in this thread as well when I started this thread.