1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Xenon only has low beam and bi-xenon has both low and high beam in one projector.

Bhai when u flash the high beam lights up, so when u flash in daytime the cars normal high beam lights up and the projectors high beam will also light up, but if u have chinese D2S then it will not be as bright as say a philips or morimoto, but it will still be bright enough. But during night driving there is no such issue as the bulb is already heated up as its switched on and when u flash the high beam comes ON and the projector's shield drops and u get fully illuminated high beam
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

HIDs give one bright flash at first and then they glow fully. and once they are fully glown, you can flash anytime. i used normal philips HID h4 35w 6000k bulbs in my r15 before i changed them to a projector setup. i also used H1 HIDs for the high beams in my linea before. you can see the lighting images in my ownership review http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/2654-32000-kms-love-my-linea-2.html

as phew told above there are also HIDs that glow soon. like in bmw x1 etc
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This thread is turning out to be a great source of information for the lighting upgrades. Thanks guys for all the information.
    So, now that I am inclining towards the following setup. Please suggest me good brands for the same.

bi-xenon HID
    Projectors with angel eyes.
  4. How about adding some pictures
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you asking me? I am still in the planning stage. Don't have any pictures to share :).
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Projector - morimoto mini/hella E55
    Hid - philips/morimoto d2s
    Angel eye
    Bezel/shroud
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks.
    What will be the total budget for this? Will it be available online by any chance?
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have forwarded(pmed) a link already to u pls go thru it
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Sir. So, they also ship it to India? Have you got any kits from them? It would be good to know about the reliability of the store :).
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have my own importer for all this, they are the most trustworthy stores around, and yes they do ship to india, but shipping and other charges cost a bomb.