1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    phew ji, can you now throw more lights on this please? :)
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i dont think you'll find projectors for linea. because i searched a lot before going for the HID upgrade in my linea.

but there is always a way to do it if you still want to get it done.

the existing headlamp cluster is opened up and the projectors are made to fit inside the dome. you can get the chrome blackened by painting it also if you want.

i installed projectors in my yamaha r15 that way.i do have to tell you that the lighting is really amazing but only if you are able to find a 4300k projector. do not go for the 6000k projectors
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U mean 4300k bulbs right?

Its really easy in a linea, the lighting is exceptioannly good as u have the usual high beam + a bi-xenon so light through is seriously increased. And then u can activate 4 high beams at once(2 each side), so highways light up like a stadium
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Phew, I don't understand you. How can it be 4 high beams? We have H1 for High Beam and H7 for Low Beam in Linea right?
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since the projector is bi xenon, it means it has both high/low beam in one, so when u switch to high beam both the headlights and the projectors high beam swith on together therefore, u get 4 high beams at once
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ok. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. You mean to say that I will no longer have H1 and H7 and instead have 2 pairs of H4's?
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Isnt it better to get H1 HID in high beam and H7 hid in the projectors? as it is when you switch the high beam the h1 hid will lit up and the h7 in low beam projectors stay on.
    driving with both high beams will be disaster to upcoming traffic.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am still confused. Waiting for Phew's reply. I badly need my lights to get it upgraded. I am not at all satisfied with the performance on the highway.
    Can you guys check this out? Is this advisable? I spoke with that guy and he told me that he is importing from China but he gives 1 year warranty.
    tdlhid.tk
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Italia when u have a genuine projector setup, you barely use high beam as low beam is more than sufficient, one only needs it when used as flash to move away traffic.

Ram the projector will use d2s bulbs(not h1 or h7) and u can use normal h1 in high beam.
    So that means when on low beam ones projectors are running on D2S, and as u switch/flash high beam both the H1 and D2S will light up together, giving u better beam to move aside the traffic infront of u. This can blind oncoming traffic if you plan to run on high beam only, besides for highways low beam is more than sufficient.
    2 people like this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    this sounds like a better set up. what are your views about the P8 HIDs with ultra slim ballasts. i am seeing it in every shop. its flooded everywhere.

also which projectors are good ? i would love to have on in the low beam with angel eyes.

secondly do i need to cut the reflector? or just open them and fix the projectors, align it and fix it back?

i mean does the projector directly get hooked in the reflector hole where the bulbs are currently?