1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lighting upgrade for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramjn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was not talking about the fog lamps, but their bulbs, I have already removed the whole bumper and fog-lamp, just wanted inputs for the bulb.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Removing the bulb is pretty easy,you just need to remove the back cover of fog lamp and remove the locks on the bulb and replace it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Oh i meant 55W not 60:)
    No re alignment was needed as their focus and throw didn't change.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Removed the 100W phillips rally from fog lamps and switched to new OSRAM H1 55W bulbs;and realized that fog lamps still are too hot to touch.
    Light throw is noticeable lesser than phillips 100W,sticking with these for now,might think of a replacement later.
  4. Manoj Kumar

Manoj Kumar Timido

Head light brightness

Guys could you experts please help me out sorting an issue regarding Clutch tightness..... will this affect the performance of the vehicle...??:sad: next week m planning for a trip about 700kms up and down.:confused:
    one more thing that bother me is the Lighting of the vehicle. While night drive m facing some kind of clarity issue . When I pointed out this issue to the service provider [ Mohandas motors ] even they were unable to detect the problem and m really confused . I didnt get any clarification from their side. So I expect some thing will turn around from the experts like you guys. I am planning to use nightbreaker head lamps from philips. will that could help me or not. problem am facing are as follows..1] yellowish colour 2] sometime it gets automatically dim while using highbeam 3] the light is not just spreading all over like other cars ,it just pointing on the centre portion of the road so Iam unable to get a clear image of the roadside ways and not covering much distance. I do have another Car Suzuki Swift but while comparing the lighting of that vehicle it seems my linea have some issues. Could you please help and clarify.
  5. hi...TFians..

yesterday i bought some modification in ebay and alos in direct shopping.below for the details.

1. head light bulb-rs.800x2
    2. fog lamp-rs.320x2
    3.parking lamp-rs.100(2)
    4.blind spot mirror-rs.1700
    5.silcencer muffler-rs.500
    6.ipop door protector. rs.210

i am also attaching the picture of my purchase...

ajai 20140314_114502.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

After 5 years, 1,40,000 kms the headlight fiber had got pretty dull resulting in poor lighting especially low beam was most effected on single lane roads I used to literally go blind for few secs due to cars coming from other direction.
    Upgraded to 100 W bulbs in both high beam (H1) and low beam (H7) and what a difference they have made. The beam is much brighter and longer than Premium brands bulbs like NB and XV which I had earlier. Cursing myself for not upgrading till now.
    Costed me Rs 1430/- including relay, wiring and bulbs, lesser than what it costed me to upgrade to 55 W Premium bulbs.

Installed them myself had to cut the back covers for new wiring to pass through later sealed the holes using M Seal and then put Silicone Sealant over M seal covered holes for complete peace of mind.
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, please don't take this as a spoil sport but I honestly would be against anyone upgrading to 100/90 bulbs.

I do understand that Fiat headlamps are a little weak and it is all because of the Parabolic beam which avoids blinding oncoming traffic.
    Even though our cars are still the most decent cars which do not Blind the oncoming person's set of eyes but still if possible I kindly avoiding upgrding to such High wattage bulbs.

I guess if we all spread the awarness who knows other's just might follow and soon we could have all cars maintainig 60/55 watt bulbs.

I wish Supreme Courts who simply pass judgements for removal of tints and 15+year old cars (In Delhi Only) actually use there heads and ban Air Horns and High wattage bulbs will actually help many and avoid incidents/accidents on our streets.
    vIjAy_kHaSa likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @Anup I do agree with your point man. You are right. Actually it would be good if some kind of adaptive lights could become standard in future. Meanwhile they should simply stop the sales of such lights. So that everyone can drive in peace. Also the beams very often are not angled properly, thereby causing these issues. And also they drive with high beams. :punch:
    Anup, vIjAy_kHaSa and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  9. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

Friends i am happy with stock linea lamps and headlights

In ahmedaba─Ć many car user dont know meaning of high beam
    They use it in normal ,in night driving,but when i start my high beam, some people reduce their car speed and some stop at road side ,in village area maximum car driver stop when i use my high beam,
    Anup and dadasaheb like this.
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I too have enjoyed driving in Surat, the only thing what I get irritated is with putting a Yellow Sticker on the right side of the Headlamp:facepalm: