1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Life Time Mobbilites - new FASS in Thane

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by ghodlur, Jan 18, 2016.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I used to pursue Mangesh Kodalkar and Sunil Valson of Fiat India continuously for the FASS in Thane since Balaji Autoworld was officially announced as not being a FASS dealer/workshop anymore. My one trip to other FASS in Mumbai RS motors was nothing less than a mental trauma.

Finally Mangesh and Fiat announced the sweet news of FASS in Thane names Life Time Mobilities. I was given a hint as to where it might be. After getting a confirmation from Mangesh and speaking to the FASS owner, I decided to give them a visit yesterday. Met the owner Mr George who came out as a thorough gentlemen and was happy to meet a Fiat owner. Right now the workshop is a multi car workshop catering to almost all brands of cars. There will be few specific bays allocated to Fiat car servicing. The bays are yet to be marked, the spares are yet to be finalized, the DMS software is yet to be operational. As per Mr George, they are expected to go fully operational step wise and by then end of Jan 2016 they should be fully FASS. Once the FASS is fully operational I will get some more pics.

The address is
    Unit no 2, Kothari compound, Near Tikiu ji ni wadi, Manpada, Thane West, 400610
    Landmark: Exactly opp Kalpataru Hills building

Phone:022 2584 1633.

Presently the approach road to the workshop is in shambles. Actually there are two routes, the good route is a whole 1Km round approach, the shorter bad one is hardly 0.5 kms.

upload_2016-1-18_8-15-2.png

P_20160117_112830.jpg

P_20160117_112839.jpg
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to see the authorised service center at Thane.

I am sure it will take few month to settle down for Lifetime Mobbilities however it is some relief for FIAT owners from Mumbai to get the authorized service center.

I hope FIAT will open atleast one FIAT sales outlet in Mumbai.

Keep us updated with the service center experience.
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Here are my experiences with the FASS at Thane. Two contradicting experiences - one bitter and one not so sweet but OK types.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/mam...unto-mjd-emotion.10171/page-34#post-841954157

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/mam...punto-mjd-emotion.10171/page-36#post-84195496

The good news in DMS at Life Time Mobility has started. Which means warranty details can now be checked online instead of waiting for information from Fiat:cool::cool:. Bad news - Dedicated bays meant for Fiat still being used by other brand cars. Delivery times of the vehicles still prepostorous- 4 hrs jobs work cases will be still be delivered next day. No logical reasoning provided. :mad::mad:

I had a sneek peek at the Wheel alignment and balancing setup. Looked like it had not been used for ages:wtf::wtf:. Upon enquiry, I was told that the entire setup is due to replacement. Hope they do it at the earliest.

I asked the owner permission to click a few pics for posting on the forum, they flatly refused it saying they did not have authorization from Fiat for any such allowance. :banghead::banghead:
    turborider likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Attaching the route for accessing Life Time Mobility. Black line indicate the path presently to be used to reach the FASS, Red lines indicate the actual route which is the shortest but presently under repair.

Route to Life Time Mobility.jpg

They do have a website as below;

http://www.lifetimemobbilities.com/

Edit: Dont know why the pic is not visible, already reported to mods to delete the extra pics.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Seems some problem with uploading pics. I'm also facing the same in other threads as well.
  6. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    So i guess the question from my end is do I go to this FASS for a 5 year old vehicle full service + blue and me problems or do I go to RS motors. I am from Chembur, hence RS Kandivali is a bit far! Have been using Balaji thane with no issues since last two years, but now they are shut, hence the question!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think @rana you should call Lifetime Mobilities and be clear about your expectations. Tell them to be straightforward with their commitment or timelines to sort your car issues. If they seem promising it's good. But RS is a more safe bet atleast from work quality point of view. You also want to make sure your diagnostics are correct. So definitely no one can vouch more for lifetime guys at this time. It will depend on your comfort level or service expectations.
    rana likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Since you car is 5 yr+ old this means you are out of warranty. You can take the car to Balaji Thane if you wish to since they are still functioning as Fiat workshop albeit not as FASS though.
    rana likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I had an appointment on 2nd April with LTM for attending the front suspension noise issue. But eventually I forgot since I had to rush somewhere else. The surprising part was there was no reminders from LTM reg the service. Later when I realized about the service, I called them up and asked them why no reminder was sent, they said they had booked me on 3rd April. I asked to reschedule it to 9th April. Let me see if I get an reminders this time.

BTW the most decent SA Alok Palshetkar has put in his papers. Now to start looking for SA who shares the same passion for Fiat.

One more info - The road leading to Tikujini wadi and the shortest way to reach LTM is operational. No need to take the round about of a km more anymore.
  10. Rahul Pillai

Rahul Pillai Timido

Mumbai
    Hi Ghodlur,

How was your servicing experience there ? I am scheduled for 60K service in some days. Do you recommend LTM ?