1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Life of Stock Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by shikhar10882, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Thanks a ton @prakhar_lfc...
    I think this picture will be able to help the others arrive at a better conclusion for giving opinions, as pointed by @Ravi
    1 person likes this.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    It is very difficult to gauge from these pics the true extent of tread wear. A quick n dirty way to measure tread depth would be using a coin. If you can place a coin next to the tread, it will help in gauging tread depth.

Now that we have eliminated the alignment as a cause, I am really not sure if this is a one off case or these GY's have lesser life than normal. It may be good to meet up sometime in the near future and check for ourselves. As I said, my Jet has done close to 10k kms so the tread wear should ideally be not too different. And I can assure you that your 10 trips on the Yamuna expressway would not have resulted in tread wear as much as my Jet's 40-minute flat out drive on the BIC F1 circuit.
  3. You have flown her on BIC??? Ugh. .. How would you make me envy you more?
    Yeh. .. sure should plan a meet. .. especially when I missed the meet. Do let me know of an opportunity. I am sure will work something out.
    Thanks once again nkapoor
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Yup 41.5 K and counting !!!!!

But I can assure you, only for the next 15 days max that I can bear with these Old Shoes. Although I can extract a couple of more 1000 Kms.

The 41k I have done , includes Drives to Jammu, Rajasthan, Himachal, Dehradun , haridwar, Amritsar, atleast 10-15 drives to chandigarh and Ludhiana, Agra and so on and on.

I think you have been infulenced by many newspaper articles mentioning the tarmac of the expressway as main problem. I have driven on it and I dont see the problem there.

I think this might be a one off case or might be little bit connected to the driving style (no offence)

From what it seems from the Pics you have posted, they should be good enough for another 15k easily and if thaken care of can go till 30k. Which i think is reasonable enough.

If you are in Indirapurm/Ghaziabad, there are 2-3 good places to get things checked. Please let me know.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  5. @ansal: No offense taken sir. ..
    I just don't understand what suddenly happened to my driving style after 15 years of driving.
    In fact I do reside in Ghaziabad and would love any pointers.
    Btw: my opinion of Yamuna Expressway was formed not only by reading. .. But also by opinions of some tyre experts. .. But. .. On the other hand, this is also true that it is doubtful that those guys have ever been on Expressway themselves.
    , even in one of the threads, j.ravi had shared a similar opinion.
    Besides, tyre over heating and bursting has been a known fact. But the extant of impact.. That as you rightly said is baised with some reading.
    And about remaining life. .. Would love anything beyond 25k more... which will make it 35k to 40k of total life and would call for a party from me. .. (of I get 40k from them)
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Sure man, lets plan to meet soon. I plan to be at Kashyap, Noida on wednesday morning for a small job. What say?

You still haven't got the new tyres!! :shocked
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. Wednesday??? Morning??? I doubt that my work at office would allow that!!!
    I am sorry for this one...
  8. 1 person likes this.
  9. ^^I got it from same seller.