1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Life of OEM battery in 90Hp

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sageeshr, Jan 15, 2016.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Could anyone please let me know what is the actual life of OEM battery(Exide) getting in Punto 90hp?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sageeshr

Generally the battery in Punto lasts for 2 yrs minimum. Anything more is a bonus. The exide battery in my Punto is running for the past 31 months.
    sageeshr likes this.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    OEM Exide battery knows when the battery warranty is over. It dies as soon as possible after the battery warranty ends! Praise planned obsolescence to force customers to buy new stuff. Now that I have mentioned about planned obsolescence, see this movie to know how the corporations had been cheating their customers with a product intentionally engineered to fail soon: .
  4. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur & @RaviHegde
    Thanks for your quick response. It is nice to understand the facts from here. I was totally clueless 'why this happened?' especially since run for quite good KMs so far. Average 68Kms/day (45kms in 22 months:finger:) .
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 15, 2016 ---
    Which brand is better Exide or Ameron?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    IMHO, Amaron is better than Exide not from functional point but purely from warranty point of view. Its a different thing that Exide batteries do show signs of strains after the warranty period surprisingly.
  6. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any better option than these two?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A couple of other options are Tata Green, SF Sonic. But I doubt if you get the battery applicable to Punto.
  8. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I could see SF Sonic model matching for Punto in one of the portal.
  9. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Power zone batteries from Amaron is also good and comes with replacement warranty!
  10. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ok,let me have a look at it too. Thanks.