1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lets count the Linea Tjets at the TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by gauravp, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Without PDI, don't confirm billing. Once billed, even in case of issue with car, they will force you to buy.
    I don't see why they shouldn't allow PDI.

Has the pricing gone-up after you booked your car? If not, why are they asking extra money?
  2. I think the dealer would have anticipated a hike in excise duty in the Budget today and would have taken a precuationary measure to let you know in advance !

I doubt if FIAT will increase the price at this point.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    @Ravi
    Prices have not changed, but they are quoting the budget as one of the reasons for price hike. The car is still in transit and has not arrived at their showroom. Thanks for the input, I shall wait for the PDI to do the billing

@ bnzjon
    From what I have read on the forum, excise duty increase should not affect an already manufactured car
  4. Never bill the car without the PDI. Once billed, the dealer will give you many reasons.
    Prices prevailing on the date of invoicing is always taken into account and not the date of booking the car.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    bnzjon:

I am aware that price at the time of invoicing is normally considered, but I had an agreement with the dealer on the price at the time of booking. Hence my concern on their quoting a change in price. Now that there is no excise related hike in the budget, they have started saying that Fiat is increasing prices from tomorrow.
  6. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    I think there is a 2% hike in sales tax. According to the dealer has to show the company that they have already commited the price before the price hike with the help of the bill. Tough i think there will be no problem with the car as it is coming from the factory. I trust my dealer because he is a very close friend of my cousin and it is a very small city that means if he does not give me a perfect car it will cost him a lot of cars. And if there are minor problems with the new car i dont think dealer will have any trouble rectifing them.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The dealer called up sarying that the car has arrived. Most probaly, I should be able to do the PDI tomorrow.

Does anyone have a picture of the H getting displayed on the ODO. I am not sure where the H would be displayed on the ODO, hence a picture shall help
  8. H will be displayed before the ODO reading .
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check this - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=101&p=26930#p26930
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks Ravi. That was helpful

I got a glimpse of my Jet at the stockyard today. The car was pretty dirty from outside and some finger marks inside - they said that they shall clean up. The ODO read "H 17". There was another Jet (Fox Trot Azure) standing right next to my Jet - it was less dirty and a Feb 2011 model. Since it was less dirty it was appearing a lot better than Tuscan Wine - I am getting pretty tempted for the FTA Jet :car

Everything appeared to be fine on my Jet (except for the dirt), but strangely there were no bar code stickers mentioning the engine and chassis number anywhere on the car (the Fox Trot Azure had these stickers). Asked security guys to show the chassis number to me - the VIN was the same as the one allotted to me. I am not sure why the bar code stickers were missing. I am assuming that this should be fine and should not matter - in case this is a wrong assumption please do let me know

They shall probably clean the car and give me a call tomorrow. Hopefully my beauty should be with me by this weekend