1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lepakshi road trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by bkpabi, May 27, 2013.

1. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    The Plot:
    Due to the increase in temperature we decided to not to go out for any outings. Still my mind was planning for a next trip. Whenever I found time I try collecting information about different place that can be visited.
    Last week was very tiring for me and my wife and the monotonous life was biting us and we wanted go for a break. Sunday morning I got up late and asked my wife to prepare some breakfast she started preparing Maggie and keep telling me we must go out today.
    So after having the breakfast
    I asked her: get ready within half an hour.
    She asked: why?
    I told: we were going to lepakshi

The Journey
    At this point of time I was thinking Lepakshi is around 100 KM so if we start by 11 AM still we can make it by 1 0r 1:30PM. But when I checked in goggle Maps about the direction and it shows 135 KM so decided to start as early as possible. It was already 10:30. I called up few friends who eagerly joined us for the trip. So we started from out apartment by 10:30 and I checked the air pressure and refilled nitrogen and then picked up my friends so by 11 we were on our way to Lepakshi.

As were staying near JP Nagar so we have to cross the city traffic till hebbal so we have to add 1 more hour to our plan. We crossed hebbal around 1 PM and after paying the toll charges of 30(round trip) at airport toll gate we were looking out for a decent restaurant for lunch. Soon after 10 -15 minutes we stopped our car at a south Indian hotel but when we enter inside we were delighted to find the A/C service hall. We ordered some Biryani and paneer kofta curry. Everyone liked the food and after 1 hr we were back in the road. I checked the map in the mobile and it told still we need to travel 95km.

So without further delay we resumed our journey. The road was superb and we frequently touched 100-110 km/hr. <Road>We have to believe me the Punto was fantastic in speed masking. Everyone in the car was in a feeling that we were moving at a speed of 60 KM/hr. At 3:30 we reached near Andhra Pradesh border and we paid a toll charge of 100 (round trip). After crossing the toll gate we found a signal and we took a left turn towards Hindupur. From that signal lepakshi is around 16 Km and the village road is not bad.

At 4:00 Pm we reached lepakshi and we were amazed to see the old heritage of our old India. There was no rush at all so we can rome around freely. The temple is well maintained. We paid 30 for the car parking in the temple complex and there was no entry ticket for the temple.

IMG_2777.jpg IMG_2778.jpg IMG_2779.jpg IMG_2780.jpg IMG_2782.jpg IMG_2783.jpg IMG_2789.jpg IMG_2790.jpg IMG_2793.jpg IMG_2794.jpg IMG_2796.jpg IMG_2797.jpg IMG_2798.jpg IMG_2800.jpg IMG_2803.jpg IMG_2804.jpg IMG_2805.jpg IMG_2806.jpg IMG_2807.jpg IMG_2808.jpg IMG_2809.jpg IMG_2810.jpg IMG_2811.jpg IMG_2812.jpg IMG_2813.jpg IMG_2814.jpg IMG_2815.jpg IMG_2816.jpg IMG_2817.jpg IMG_2818.jpg

Conclusion
    I feel this is a must see place for people who are interested in history. It brings us close to our past.

Travel Details:
    Distance:135KM
    Time Taken: 3hrs (excluding lunch time)
    Toll Charges : 130(2 toll gates)
    Parking:30
    6 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes this is one nice place to go for a day trip.

How was the food availability at Lepakshi?
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This place can be a TFI meet place, subject the food availability. It will make for a good day's outing. A drive, historical place, meeting a few more Fiatians makes a good prospect.
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If so, I would also be happy to join from Chennai. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I didnt find any good restaurants enroute after crossing Yelahanka. Food will be a problem if you cross that area.
    Swati gardenia, after Hebbal fly over, on the opposite side after passing Godrej was one nice place to have wonderful Andhra lunch while i went to Lepakshi.

bkpabi, did you notice the hanging rock pillar??
    Hanging pillar
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  6. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Sorry Sandeep.12, We could not notice that. I believe that there were lots of things like this.We were hoping to get a guide but unfortunately we cloud not find any, So had to manage.:A

- - - Merged Post - - -

We had our lunch before crossing chikbalapur. But I found a AP tourism restaurant near hindupur singal in the highway (temple is 16 KM after this). The temple is located in a village and we can find normal hotels there not a restaurant.
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Nice photographs!!! I remember visiting this place when I was small my father took me there when we visited puttaparthi.

Regards
    Gopi
  8. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I also missed that thing.
    Another spot to visit is Penukonda, 34 Kms from the junction where you take left turn towards Lepakshi.
    There is a kumbhakarna garden, nothing historic I beleive. Its a modern age structure, but worth visiting.
    More here
  9. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks sandeep.12 for the information, Next time when I visit there I will definitely consider this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Visited Lepakshi last weekend, sharing some pics -

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg