1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Ravi, the snaps and the landscape is just amazing.

Probably you have answered this somewhere in this thread, what is the longest time and largest number of kms that you have driven non-stop in this trip?
  2. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Beautiful write-up and pics Ravi sir. Can almost feel myself driving along with you on those roads experiencing everything. Eager to know what happens next :)
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    You really ROCK , Sir !!
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ravi,

That was a great effort. Hats off to you.

While I also love to drive, I like good road surfaces. I do not think that I will ever try Leh in my Punto.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you for nice words, Kapil
    Thanks, speedJet. Nagpur to Amritsar. Details are here.
    Thanks, Satyajit. The worst was over for my Linea at Zoji La. The rest of the days were better for my Linea!:)
    Thank you, once again, FastLove.
    Thanks, johnny. My Linea will visit Leh the next time only after completion of 4-lane toll road up to Khardung La!;)
    Thanks, shams, for the superlative compliments.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    great pictures Ravi sir!! have seen some travelogues on Leh before but some of the pictures in your travelogue are the firsts for me like the mountanous desert one!! too good!! :):)
  7. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore
    Wow! That was one hell of a trip! So is your narration. And the pictures are just awesome... I think most people who love driving would have dreamed of driving through this route once in their life time... So do I... Looking forward to more details so that people like me can plan well in advance...
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Leh - in and around

We were free from acute mountain sickness [AMS]. No Diamox. No other drugs. We drank plenty of water, ate dry fruits and nuts and avoided exertion at high altitudes. On the first day of our stay at Leh, we were confined to our room only and spent time by watching a couple of Tamil movies on my laptop stored in my external HDD.:D

We got up late, breakfasted at the in-house restaurant, visited Shanti Stupa, got my Linea tankful of petrol at IOC petrol pump and returned to our room in the evening.
    DSC04920.jpg
    DSC04922.jpg
    DSC04923.jpg
    DSC04924.jpg
    DSC04925.jpg
    DSC04926.jpg
    DSC04927.jpg
    DSC04954.jpg
    DSC04935.jpg
    DSC04936.jpg
    DSC04937.jpg
    DSC04938.jpg
    DSC04939.jpg
    DSC04940.jpg
    DSC04944.jpg
    DSC04946.jpg
    DSC04947.jpg
    DSC04948.jpg
    DSC04949.jpg
    DSC04945.jpg
    DSC04950.jpg
    DSC04951.jpg
    DSC04952.jpg
    DSC04953.jpg
    DSC04955.jpg
    DSC04956.jpg
    DSC04957.jpg
    DSC04959.jpg
    We were incommunicado at Leh as our BSNL prepaid cell phones were dead as soon as we entered J&K. But, Padma Hotel & Guest House had wi-fi connectivity [chargeable at Rs 60 per hour, outside Rs 90 per hour!]. So, I updated my children and friends through emails. I also updated my Linea ownership threads about our safe arrival at Leh. We called it a day after eating a good dinner at the in-house restaurant.

Many more photographs are waiting in the queue.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a few minutes back, I submitted my next post with 28 photographs, only to get this message:
    TFIMessage.png
    Moderators may kindly approve the post and make it public asap.
    Thanks a lot, devansn, for the compliments.
  10. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    hi ravi this one of the best travelogue i have seen with some awesome pictures plz upload a picture of yours along with your wife and linea