1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

can't se ethe photos, Ravi sir. excellent narration, waiting for the photos to be re-uploaded.
  2. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    cool

keep them coming :)

Pics are not visible. Please upload them again with comments :)
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great write up and pictures, greedily waiting for more ;). Congrats on your successful road trip.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have been trying to upload the photographs many times in vain since yesterday. I don't know, when I would be successful in updating this thread.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    gr8 travelogue Ravi sir.

i just came back from my Pune-kolhapur- tirupati-bangalore-mysore-ooty round trip covering 3100 kms.

will share my experience once TFI is back with new turbo. right now its sluggish.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Amritsar - in and around

[​IMG]

On 13 September 2011 [Tuesday], we got up late, breakfasted in the room itself ordered through room service of Hotel Sapphire. Hotel Sapphire was located near Golden Temple and within walkable distance from Jallianwala Bagh. There was ample car parking space available at the hotel.

Later, we drove to Automobile Kapoor's India Pvt Ltd., Amritsar, for servicing of my Linea with prior appointment. I have already reviewed Automobile Kapoor's.:)
    [​IMG]
    The best part was, the SA refused to take any payment for the service rendered including complete check up of my Linea, cleaning of air filters, topping up of engine oil and other fluids, complete car wash with tyre polish, interior vacuum cleaning, etc.[​IMG]

At the time of checking in at the small of hours of the day, I parked my Linea at the hotel. But, during the busy day time, that area was very congested. So, after returning from Automobile Kapoor's, I parked my Linea at a multi-level car parking [MLCP] near Jallianwala Bagh. I was told that one time parking fee was Rs 30 and overnight parking fee, Rs 40! So, immediately, I opted for the later as my Linea was also in need of rest after driving for more than 2800 km. After parking my Linea at MLCP, we strolled in the main bazaar road. In the evening, we took a shared cab MS Omni to and fro Atari [Wagah] border costing Rs 110 per head for the entire to and fro trip.

Atari border wore a festive look. Bollywood popular hits including Oscar Award winner Jai Ho were blaring through the loud speakers with people in highest patriotic fever. Ladies were dancing. BSF staff was urging the crowd to shout patriotic slogans! But, the sun was scorching us. Here are some photographs clicked at Atari border.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After returning from Atari border, we shopped dry fruits, nuts and spices, went back to our room dumped our shopping bags and we visited Golden Temple at 8:45 pm. Golden Temple [Sri Harmandir Sahib] is the only place of worship in the world which is open 24x7, IIRC. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. After worshiping there, we had our dinner at the Langar comprising roti, sabzi and kheer. We returned to our hotel and fell into deep slumber. Here are some photographs clicked within the Golden Temple:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next day morning, we got ready, checked out, came to MLCP, packed our luggage in my Linea and walked to Bade Bhai Ka Brothers' Dhaba located a stone's throw from MLCP for breakfast. We had stomach-filling Special Amritsari Kulcha [King size] with masala chai.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Later, we walked to Jallianwala Bagh and spent some time there. Here are some photographs clicked:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More details and photographs are on the anvil.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

My Linea did not rub the authorities on the wrong side throughout the Leh expedition! Neither cops nor RTO authorities of any of the 13 states/UT troubled us. My Linea does not have mandatory yellow stickers on her RHS headlamps. Even then, we had smooth passage throughout Gujarat.[​IMG] My Linea does not have dark film on the windows, hence, I was not bothered by Chandigarh cops![​IMG]

More photographs of Jallianwala Bagh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Many more photographs are in queue.
    5 people like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravi sir nice write up & you are my idol for Leh Trip ;-)

BTW I am unable to view the photographs.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I can see the photos in last post :)
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Like Viny, I am able to see them.
    Thanks, Viny, for pointing out.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Still unable to view :-(

Will try at home as I am in office now...