1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Ravi sirji,

When are you heading for leh??climate this year looks favorable for me to drive in 1st week of October.To and fro both via Manali.In total 8 days trip.Pls advice if it is doable in 1st week of oct?
    J Ravi likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    On 5 Sep 2014 morning from Chennai as per this tentative schedule:

LadakhHP2014Schedule.jpg
    The usual disclaimer clauses and terms and conditions apply. I have prepared this schedule based on my previous experience, tailor-made for my requirement. This time around, I have not reserved my accommodation in advance in any place. Let me see how it works out to in reality! :)

Very much. However, check the weather conditions before starting.
    Viny, sandip, varoon9999 and 5 others like this.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    would this site http://leh.nic.in/ and weather.org would suffice to have an update on the latest weather ?

That is very interesting itenary for 20 long days.Sach pass is also clubbed during this trip.Great.

Chamba & sach pass if you get stuck by any chance feel free to tinkle me.Msgd you my contact no.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    J Ravi likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    More than sufficient. Rest is not in our hands. :)

Thank you very much Varoon.
    varoon9999 likes this.
  5. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    Hi Ravi Ji,

Good to know that you are taking this adventure tour in your beloved Linea. I went till keylong from Manali side last year in my Linea. It was an uphill task but I did it. A big thanks to my wife. After Rohtang Pass, 5 kms were very good and after that all hell broke loose ;). I've snaps and vids on the road conditions but since you are taking a different route, it won't matter much.

I wish you good luck and do click a lot as the entire forum would love to live your experience via your lens.

Cheers !!
    J Ravi likes this.
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Ravi, my plan to Leh is still in draft, I moved my plan from 2nd week of september to last week of september. Plan is something like Chennai to Chennai is 27th Sep to 13th Oct (17 days), will these dates are adviseable for driving in himalays? I am not sure about my wife accompanying me, if she is not able to make it, I will be driving alone between Srinagar - Kargil - Leh (including local site seeing and vising pangong lake) - Manali - Pathankot, rest of the trip my father accompanying me. If it is not adviseable to go to Leh during this period, I want to try atleast Kargil, keeping my fingers crossed.
    J Ravi likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, hocuspocus. This time, I will be driving my XUV 500 to Ladakh and HP. :)

You can visit Ladakh upto October without any problem. Roads will be in better shape, fully repaierd by BRO. But, winter would be have set in already. The weather will be colder with snowfall. Check the weather before starting. Bon voyage, dhaya76.
    varoon9999 and dhaya76 like this.
  8. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Hi Raviji,
    You left Linea and Fiat to opt XUV? o_O
    I am left alone? :arghh:

AND: Why are you opting the abnormal route of Hyd-Nagpur-Agra-Delhi-Jalan-Jammu -Sonamarg, than the easy Gujrat-Kishangad-Sujangad-Hanumangad-Nakodar-Patankot-Jammu route?
    Just for variety or is the former shorter and easier ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Long time, no see! Welcome back, Tellmepleaze.

Fiat India does not want to retain customers by offering upgrades and more models to the existing customers.

You yourself answered it in the first part; I don't want to use the same route for both up and down journeys.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Have you started the trip, Ravi Ji? I see that the weather condition is not great in J&K. Any updates?
    J Ravi likes this.