1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea has so far visited only 21 out of 35 states/UT of India. Still there are many more states/UT waiting to be explored, especially Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Nepal is another exotic place beckoning my Linea!;)
    Thanks for pointing out, sungoa2010.
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi sir,

Question to you although offtopic.

Why did not buy MJD Linea instead of FIRE?

-Sat
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Sat-Chit-ananda. Before buying my Linea 1.4 FIRE, I did TD of 1.3 MJD once and 1.4 FIRE twice and finally selected 1.4 FIRE as I am addicted to petrol-driven cars and did not like the turbo lag of 1.3 MJD. In other words, if I were to buy a car today, I shall go in for petrol-driven one only notwithstanding the petrol cost! It's similar to selecting a FIAT rejecting the other leading brands!;) While checking for emission recently, the guy inserted the sensor into the exhaust and asked me to start the engine. When I told him that it's already on, he kept his palm on the boot lid and challenged me that it's off. Then, it was my turn to challenge him to see his computer monitor for emission levels!:)
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir's threads always reflect the transformation of impossible to possible, less obvious to obvious, less uncommon to very common(see the number of future Leh plans in TFI). So Linea FIRE being a 1.4 L petrol sedan has now gained the confidence of taking anywhere in India also the reliability of Fiat as a brand.
    These may not be the cause but definitely the effect of Ravi sir's buy.
    more
    1 person likes this.
  5. msvg

msvg

Bangalore / USA
    Very inspiring and hats off to you and your wife....
    After reading your travelogue feels like i should pack my bags asap.
    I am planning for one trip in June 2013 on my Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion + Dieseltronics ,looking for a good company for the trip though who could drive as well as shoot some good pictures in a DSLR and handle a Sony Handy cam...
    This travelogue will be very helpful though...
    1 person likes this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just went through this after a long time. A very good Travelogue Ravi Ji. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    1 person likes this.
  7. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    Revisited this thread again recently and couldn't stop commenting when I saw "A & N Islands".

Sure, it would be a Visual Treat to see a FIAT in the backdrop of Radhanagar Beach!!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi Sir, you are a legend. Its inspirational; truly inspirational!!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir's travelogs reminds us one thing which in terms of a fiatian(travel maniac) can be expressed as boundaries are man created the beauty lies every where and we human beings should not be divided in to region, religion etc etc, but only one thing that vary when we move from one point to another is our Google coordinates and Nothing else. If there is a surface above the sea one should be free to travel.:)
    1 person likes this.
  10. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Dear Ravi Sir,
    Wonderful travelogue. I hope you do many more and then compile all these in a wonderful travel book. As and when you do Let me know to be the first one to Pre-book the Book.
    Another thing as I am working in Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand do let me know of your travel plan to Uttarakhand and as I have been brought up in Himachal so the same goes for Himachal.
    Waiting eagerly for your next adventure.
    Regards
    Tushar
    2 people like this.