1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    woh! Thats really great to know that you didn't faced any rattleing. I went to my native place where roads are nothing but nightmare, so now facing hell of rattles from many places! Gotta work out on em.
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, mo1, for the compliments and raising a good question. I reiterate that when I could do it in my Linea, anybody could do it in any car!:)

Yes, keeping my Linea idling for about 3 hours with ACC @ 20 deg C did take its toll on the FE.
    VitalStatisticsOfMyDrivingToLeh.jpg
    I must have spent approximately 7 litres of petrol costing about Rs 485 as per the rough quantification based on driving parameters for the return journey from Srinagar to Leh. I didn't consider the up journey as climbing uphill consumes more fuel than climbing downhill.
    AmtSpentForIdling.png
    3 people like this.
  3. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Ravi Sir, read your complete travelogue. It is simply a treat to read. Congratulations to madam and you for this trip. It is a true inspiration.

Regards,

Abhinav
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, abhinav, for the compliments and wishes. With the proposed GC upgrade kit, my Linea will have a cakewalk in the next Ladakh expedition.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    I surely missed this great Travelogue , i remember recieving your PM that the plan is scraped. I happened to find this thread today, it was one great journey Sir.

Leh, Ladhak is one of my dream trip and i am considering the GC pack for Punto just for this trip.

Hopefully this year.

Well done sir, my confidence is boosted.

Arvind
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, drarvindc, for the compliments. Yes, I could drive to Khardung La after several postponements! My Linea was subjected to more than 50 underbody hits which were all swallowed by her sturdy engine guard plate and got flattened at Amritsar and Srinagar. Since your Punto has more GC compared to Linea [170 mm?], you have nothing to worry. You can accomplish Leh mission even without GC enhancement.:)
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear J Ravi,
    Wonderful travelogue,showing minor details of the trip. But, moderators have been lazy in their job.
    Kindly review(reconsider) your captions on the photographs in post no. 41(5th one). Did you ever enter Pakistan? Please don't mind. The FIATians (TFIans) are necessarily broad-minded and unique, naturally. Or, do you want me to edit my Location Address?
    "Be Indian and Think Global",kindly take my words in right spirit.
    Enjoy life fearlessly, it is wonderful with FIATs WE can't live without.
    SHAH,S A
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, S A SHAH.
    Why? I think, you misunderstood the caption. Here, I am reproducing the same image for easy understanding:
    DSC04647.jpg
    The caption reads: 'J Ravi crossing river Ravi before she leaves for Pakistan!'. Ravi is a trans-boundary river flowing through north-western India and eastern Pakistan [Lahore]. Click here for details. What I meant was, J Ravi [myself] crossing river Ravi before she [river Ravi] flows in to Pakistan. What's wrong with the caption? Why do you drag the moderators here? What is your objection?
    No. But, I intend to do so in my Linea once the entry formalities are relaxed like in Bhutan.
    It's none of my business.
    Why this unsolicited free advice for me?
    3 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    S A Shah sahb,

I think there has been a slight misunderstanding here.

The caption in J Ravi's photgraph reads - "J Ravi crossing river Ravi before she leaves for Pakistan". Although the grammar in this caption is not perfect, but if one gives it a thought, the meaning should be obvious. And Ravi sir has explained the caption thoroughly as well.

The obvious misunderstanding of the caption has been from your side.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear J Ravi,
    You have all the time in your posts used "she, her" words for you "Linea", so it is obvious that what I should understand the meaning of the caption.
    It is fine now, after your explanation of the caption, but still I suggest that the confusion be,kindly,removed for further readings.
    You have been,little bit, harsher in response as depicted by last two lines, due to which the the beautiful sentence "Enjoy life fearlessly,it is wonderful with FIATs WE can't live without" has gone astray.
    You have been very fearless in taking your Linea to such a place where the mighty SUVs feel the brunt and bear it too.
    You and your wife with Linea, all alone, you deserve the badge BRAVO on her.
    Best wishes for your future travels, See you.
    SHAH,S A
    1 person likes this.