1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have posted some photographs of my Linea here. Please see them.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    @ ramjn,

True,but the context in which i mention is different.

Lets say,who will be pioneer in leh in linea?
    Its Ravi sir,

who will do at this age?
    ofcourse, its him.yet we will welcome most if someone of same age does it.is n't it? perhaps it is next to impossible.

we were in his shoes for this trip,in addition to that will be going in group(Read lineas and puntos).
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I know I know...
  4. I am posting to this forum after a very long time. I can also put my previous statement as, your thread made me to post, to appreciate this beautiful travelogue. As your marathon trip, I did from page 1 to end without even thinking of a break.

Great write ups and shots, sir-ji.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the appreciation, soundar.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Raviji, one thing i want to ask you is, you have been on so many bad roads on your trip, its must have lead you to several rattlig parts? If yes, what you did for it??
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had the following sickness during the Leh expedition and got treated later as detailed below:

1. Lost all the four mud flaps - Replaced with new Linea accessory mud flaps at Srinagar after returning from Leh

2. Rear right brake lamp burnt out - Replaced with a new one at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, as the spare bulb was not available at Srinagar

3. Engine guard plate was subjected to severe beating and was bent - Removed and restored to the original shape twice each at Amritsar and Srinagar

4. A road roller hit my Linea at Drass while returning from Leh damaging and denting rear left door and mud-guard and puncturing rear left bumper wheel arch - Dents, scratches and puncture repaired and repainted at Bangalore

Rattles? Never!
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Have you done any headlamp bulb upgrades? Some of the night pics with the spread are quite impressive.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No. My Linea has OE headlamp bulbs.
  10. mo1

mo1 Timido

Pune
    Ravi Sir,
    This is really inspirational!
    I hope I will follow your footsteps(possibly in my Punto MJD) one day.

One quick query: You have mentioned you kept the auto-AC on for about 3 hours with the engine idling, while waiting at the petrol-pump in Leh.
    How much petrol do you think it consumed? (I am just curious to know this, so just in case if I need to do it in future, you know!)

Thanks,
    Mandar
    1 person likes this.