1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    sad to see the first four pics !! but Very happy to see the last five pics :):)
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ravi,

That's a very neat job & very cost effective at that. Else for this kind of job, authorised service station would charge nothing less than 15-20,000. Rear bumper alone would cost about 8-9000. Thats a very good place you found. Have to find such place in Mumbai, if at all it exists.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, shams.
    Thanks, Amit. Even I was under the impression that rear FRP/PVC bumper had to be replaced and imagining complications that were in store for me due to non-availability of bumpers at FIAT service centres and consequent delay due to that. But, when Mr Khan of Sai Colorium explained that they would repair the same punctured bumper with heat treatment and informed me the estimated cost and expected delivery date, I was flabbergasted, to say the least!:D
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    GPS logs of my Leh expedition

At last, I converted all GPS log files stored in my MMI Lx130 navigator [wherever I had recorded] to KML format and downloaded them to my Google site. Now, after downloading a KML file, I am able to see the place/route covered on Google Earth. smile.gif Here are the GPS logs in KML format.
  5. Could you please post picture of your cars newly painted door in bright sunlight amy be froma distance of 25 feet?
    any colour mismatch would be quite glaring.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi Sir, can you please post exact location of this shop. Looks pretty good alternative for Body works.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ravi. Yes, I do recommend Sai Colorium. As you come from South End Circle, Jayanagar towards Rajalakshmi Kalyana Mantapa, turn to the right at the T-junction and take immediate left towards Sarakki Main Road leading to Indira Gandhi Circle, J P Nagar. Turn to the right at the 5[SUP]th [/SUP]Cross. There is a sign board indicating the right turn. It is located at the left near the end of the street.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Dear Ravi sir,

Great travelogue,you have made an history. no one before you has made this trip with linea and no one is going to do this after you.

This is exclusive and unique.I wish fiat should honour you.

whole travelogue depicts that leh was exclusively made for you and your linea.

kudos to madam! for accompanying you with all those dark and exuberant times.

it is typically like a movie with all those ups and down,finally happy ending climax.

it is beyond the scope of words to explain your passion.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, linealover, for the superlative compliments and nice words. I saw one Chandigarh-registered Flemenco Red Linea twice at Leh. Fiat India sponsored a Leh trip comprising NCC cadets from Delhi in a Linea and a Punto. I am sure, many Lineas would visit Leh in future.:)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    linealover, wanted to remind you that we have planned for the Leh expedition in 2012/13 :). You forgot this :)?