1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh and Linea : Revisited with my XUV

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Sep 28, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Expenditure Incurred

Here are the details of expenditure incurred after thorough auditing:
    ExpenditureIncurred.jpg
    Since we dined at road-side vegetarian Punjabi Vaishno Dhaba many a times, the expenditure on food was on the lower side. Very few times, we dined at restaurants.

The fuel expense alone works out to Rs 5.22 per km running cost.

We did shopping at Amritsar and Srinagar. We purchased dried fruits, nuts, spices, Kesar, shawls, woolen mufflers, carpets, sarees, dress materials, etc.
  2. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a huge bill....... :eek:

but who cares when the pleasure of driving a FIAT is what matters most...........:dance
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Awesome and inspirational! kudos to you man!
  4. We may not get this kind of enthusiasm to once we get into aging process, so in that sense it is still fine.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you Ravi sir, for the whole travelogue. This is an experience to cherish for sure.

Though the bill looks huge, discount the shopping (which is purely personal expense and will vary from person to person) and suddenly the bill looks reasonable. Remember - this is a bill for two, so the travel expense for a single person will be half of it.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    A Confession

I have a confession to make: I was guilty of negligence resulting in my Linea getting injured while I was overtaking a road-roller at Drass during our return journey from Leh to Srinagar on 20 September 2011. While I was half way through, suddenly that road-roller steered towards my Linea, which I could see on my Linea's ORVM, but was helpless since it was a narrow pot-holed road, ultimately resulting in a long scratch on my Linea's rear left door, a deep dent on rear left wheel arch and an ugly puncture of rear bumper.:eek:
    DSC05460.jpg
    DSC05461.jpg
    DSC05462.jpg
    DSC05463.jpg
    Later, I examined the injuries on my Linea, but the road-roller driver was minding his own business as if nothing happened. I continued my home-ward journey. After reaching Bangalore, I selected Sai Colorium based on good reviews. I entrusted my Linea to them on 11 October 2011 [Tuesday] and got her back on 14 October 2011 [Friday]. They have done a fantastic job in treating my Linea back to normalcy.
    DSC05466.jpg
    DSC05465.jpg
    The expenditure incurred was Rs 7,700, which was a little above my present NCB. So, I didn't claim insurance for this treatment. I thought the cost would be upwards of Rs 10 k involving a complex job of replacement of rear PVC bumper. But, that was not the case. The bumper was repaired with heat treatment. There is no trace of any scar!
    DSC05468.jpg
    DSC05469.jpg
    DSC05471.jpg
    DSC05473.jpg
    DSC05474.jpg
    ExpenditureIncurred.jpg
    Now, I am free from guilty conscience and my Linea, from injuries! I highly recommend Sai Colorium for bodywork.:up
    3 people like this.
  7. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    absolutely awesum Ravi & thanks for sharing the wonderful travelog.:p
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the updated expenditure incurred including 4 mud-flaps, servicing and bodywork of my Linea:
    ExpenditureIncurred.jpg
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So a very Happy ending. Now waiting for your next travelogue :)

Hope we also have someone like sai colourium in Mumbai/Pune. They have done an excellent job.

Kiran
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you, rajesh karia, for the compliments.
    Yes, I wanted to ensure this travelogue ends in comedy. That's why, I reserved the repair part till the end!:D