1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh 2014 - Plans and Discussion

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Flywheel, Apr 10, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Oops , I got it wrong then. But there is always a first time flywheel. Take the plunge, :) I am sure you wont be letting down yourself :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    JRavi sir did leh ladakh via Srinagar in his Linea 1.4 fire petrol.
    1 person likes this.
  3. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    I don't think Linea is a good option for such terrain. I don't doubt its capability but leg ladakh could be visited best on SUV or bullet

Sent from my A12+ using Tapatalk
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    With new GC and stance it can make it.... after all for mjd remap can provide power and tjet already has it
  5. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

India
    You should be able to do it in the Jet. I would most likely do it next near. As far as teh Jet being able to go there, it should not be a problem. I know someone who did it in the 2009 Jet and if you have the new one with the increased GC you should have no problem at all. The XUV has hardly 10mm more GC than the current Jet.

Go for it. Whoever has done it would have also been a first time driver there at some point.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    All the best and you are right, Flywheel. My Linea did not visit Zanskar. I am told some passes in Zanskar need a 4x4 vehicle. This September, I plan to visit Ladakh again. But, I am yet to decide as to whether to drive in my XUV500 or ride on my Thunderbird500. During this visit too, I plan to go via Srinagar. But, I don't intend to drive/ride to Zanskar. Yes, my Linea did Batal to Gramphoo rocky stretch successfully with innumerable bottom-scraping. The present breed of Lineas, with enhanced GC, can easily go over Khardungla and Changla with less bottom-scrapings. But, Linea will struggle a lot in Pensila, which is a 4x4 territory. I suggest you drive to Leh, Nubra valley and Pangong Tso.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Any idea when the Srinagar-leh route opens? Heard it'll be open by the end of this month... And any update about Manali-Leh route??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    By any chance my 2009 Linea survive Leh trip? If so can it make through Manali route? I know Ravi ji has done it through Srinagar route.. But still hesitant..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thank you Ravi sir, as suggested I will avoid Zanskar this time. Just read multiple trip logs to Zanskar and I have serious doubts if it would be possible.

You should be able to do it, Rohittunga has done the Leh - Manali stretch in the Linea. There must be a travelogue somewhere, please check
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. vikassharma

vikassharma Novizio

Rewalsar, Mandi
    Its not impossible. You can but you have to be very cautious while driving. Make sure you head, after the road is open for at-least a month so that some patching is done on road.

Your Linea will have to face some under body bruises which is common in Himalaya.

Linea has been driven to Ladakh earlier also.