1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh 2014 - Plans and Discussion

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Flywheel, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Well its April and its that time of the year when people start planning for the road trip to Leh biggrin.png

I would most likely ( Assuming leaves for me and my wife go through without a problem) be travelling there in August and before I got down to planning things in detail I just wanted to know if anybody else is planning a Leh trip this year.

I also had one question about Zanskar. Would a 2014 Linea T Jet survive the roads (or lack it) to Pensi La and back?

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I get to do Leh this year ;)
    5 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I was planning this trip in Junee 2014 but now I think I need to change the plan as I bought Palio S10 recently.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Created a separate thread for 2014 for better visibility. :)

I don't want to say again that I have plan this year too. I hate to say this as I have failed to do in the past. Let me see.
    4 people like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    All da best flywheel. Leh is in my cards too but not this year as i have recently underwent a major health issue.

J Ravi sir did it in his 90 hp linea with that minimal GC; I dont think there will be any problem in 190mm GC'd and Tjet spec lineas
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am guessing J.Ravi Ji may be having plans to go there this year in his XUV. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    We've booked tickets for Leh-Ladakh trip (May 15th to May 23rd).
    Its a full fledged family trip, so opted for the package tour option. Would love to do a road trip sometime though.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Leh Has Always been a Driver's Paradise. I visited the Leh in November 2011-2nd week with three of my friends. Very Sparse traffic, minimum tourists, winter has just set in, the mountain peaks are anowed..... I can go on writing. No end to it. But we didnt do the road trip to and from LEH. Mostly in LEH and surrounding areas people travel by Marutis. We had hired a van that could take us everywhere. Only for difficult destinations like Pangong Tso-Zanskar a Bigger Vehicle was needed. We hired a Tavera. Roads are mostly in Good conditions maintained by BRO.
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thanks Pabhishek, My question was specific to Zanskar and I don't think J Ravi sir has been there as yet ( Maybe this year??) He has taken the Linea to Kaza - Spiti though and is an inspiration for me doing this Leh trip :D

My concern is not jut the bad roads but the fact that I will be doing those roads for the first time, I am sure experienced drivers like J.Ravi sir will be able to do it but for a first time driver to the Himalayas would it be advisable is the question.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Taking Tjet to Zanskar would be a bad choice, not only because of road issues, but also because of lack of connectivity in case something breaks down.
    Furthermore its fun to be in SUV on those roads, as long hangs of sedan has chances of getting scrapped, so every time one has to be very careful.

I think open jeep and bike are best way to enjoy the himalayan region :)

Finally, if anyone has empty seat available. I might join in :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Ahhhh ... The Leh - Ladhak.

It sure is in my bucket list. Only time will tell when I can actually make it.

Anyways, all the very best for you expedition Flywheel.
    1 person likes this.