1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh 2011

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

this is the first time i'm seeing this thread but i have indeed been planing on doing the trip myself. but i wasn't sure i would do it in my linea or innova.
    i had planned to do it somewhere in the last week of july or the first week of august . maybee my plan might get approved by my family. one of my friend is also in along with me( a fellow rider). lets see
  2. vks

hey, just saw this news in Fiat India website...
    Fiat’s ‘WE SALUTE SPIRIT OF LADAKH EXPEDITION’ kicks off in Delhi
    ~Fiat Punto 90 HP MULTIJET and Fiat Linea T-Jet to challenge the rocky terrains of Ladakh~
    Delhi, June 30th, 2011: The two beauties of Fiat India, Punto 90 HP MULTIJET and Linea T-Jet, have set
    out for an exigent expedition to salute the true spirit of Ladakh. Prof. Rajni Abbi, Mayor of Delhi flagged
    off the 18 day drive from the capital city of India. The journey would be from Delhi to Leh and back,
    covering a drive of close to 20000 kms. Eight Cadets from Chetna college, Mumbai, would undertake this
    adventurous journey which will allow the two Italian beauties to taste some of the most scenic roads
    enveloped by green fields, the rough terrains on the snow capped mountains and magnificent valleys.
    During their expedition they would also be visiting Pangong Lake, Thangsey and Nubra valley.
  3. scorp 1

scorp 1

Sorry for bumping into an old thread, but wanted to know the experience of driving to Leh (and back) on a Honda City?
    I intend to do Delhi-Leh-Delhi on a Honda City VTEC (2006). Is the car suitable enough to undertake the stress?
    Please fill in with your valuable inputs (as I haven't seen many who have undertaken /or advised a trip on a City).

* PS : It's a self-driven option, with just one driver (me) :)
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I made this trip in Maruti 800 (Carburator version) with 4 people onboard in 2006, so i think any car can make it there. But ideally this trip on a SUV will be better.

---------- Post added January 16, 2012 at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was January 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM ----------

And i forgot to add in a 9 year old car, its the same car that i have in my signature. Still running it without problem.
  5. sungoa2010

In the photographs we could see santro,800, indica .... I wonder how People living at these places, who can afford the luxury of a SUV, manage to maintain their cars?Do they modify their cars to suite with that road(surface) conditions ?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.