1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leh 2011

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Leh, has been ultimate and must travel to destination for every tourer.
    Anyone doing trip to Leh/Ladhak this year? Lets use this thread for all the LEH/Ladhak Trips and its planning.
    I hope to see some positive hands. By the way I am trying to squeeze out some time for this trip this year. Wont mind doing it along with TFIans
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    definitely not with punto/linea. a suv preferably 4X4 will do.

avis cars provide safari, pajeros etc on rent without driver. its better we can club up and take one of them.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Even I dont plan of taking Linea on those roads.
    We can have a safari 4x4 from Manali too. And if a TFIan owns SUV, it would be great.
  4. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys,

I am game for a trip like this .. And I would like to go all the way with my Punto.. No fun doing it some one else's car than your Own..Please Yell out if this program goes through...though I can only do it after the 24th of this month...
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Ratan: Great to see your enthu, in any case we would not be able to do it before may last week or june 1st week, because roads dont open up till that time. Last year the Manali to Leh road opened up in June second week. And Zozila pass, that is Srinagar to Leh opened up in 3rd week of May.

Given that people have done trip to Leh in Nano, i dont doubt capabilities of our cars, but doing this in low ground clearance cars would be a pain to the car and crossing streams with unseen boulders could be serious problem at times.

On other side, if FIAT can support the ride to LEH by providing technical and breakdown supports for the trip then we might be able to make it up :)
  6. I am in with my Fiat (Palio / Punto haven't decided). In fact we were planning to use the cars provided by AVIS but later decided that it would be done in our cars.
  7. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    If its june, i think i can also join in, but as Ratan i would love to take my car along with me.
    As suggested Viny if we can get support from Fiat it will be great. How to approach Fiat for such an event support/sponser? Can someone take the lead from TFI?
  8. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Team,

In the year 2007 We, a group of 6 (3 PUG members) drove from Chennai to Leh and back. Our cars were Palio and Honda City Vtec. We encountered Zero issues during the round trip with the Palio. No bottom scraping, no mechanical issues, nothing. We traveled through the route which was off beat.

I am sure Punto/Linea should be able to pop many eye balls out as it happened when people used to see the Palio.

Believe Us, We had the best of Time driving the cars.
  9. @ash - my memory fails me these days :-(. How could I forget that you folks have done the trip. Why don't you send us a link to the travelogue if any along with some pre-planning steps?

On a different note do you suggest the Palio D or the Punto on this drive? Palio I don't see any issue with the GC bit I am not sure of the Punto. Can you shed some light on this?
  10. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    I would mostly be going. It has become an addiction now. :)
    But in all possibilities it will again be on one of my motorcycles. Won't mind tagging along, if its ok with you. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.