1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Left side bulb issue

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sreedhara_bj, Dec 3, 2012.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I'm facing some issue on the left side bulb. 2 bulbs are already blown.

1st time, while driving in the night, MID displayed check ur left side bulb, it was blown. It was NB+ without relay, used for nearly 1.5 years. Later I upgraded 100/90, used Philips relay. Just 2 days into , it also stopped working. Bulb might be faulty since filament was intact. I replaced this with spare NB+ which I had.

Yesterday suddenly this bulb also wentoff, it started working fine after I did complete switch off and on. What could be the reason? My service is due next March, will the express service bay takes care of this issue? Do I need to remove relay before giving it to service center ?

One more thing, a small suggestion from my cousin(who owns Innova taxi fleet and a very good driver), if we have relay with 100/90 or whatever and give pass light say to overtake or stopping oncoming vehicle, there are more chances of blowing the bulb. Instead he suggested me to use switch on switch off method. Any words here?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    During check up, if they detect any electrical issue, thet might deny warranty citing this as modification. So better remove the relay when going for check up.
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check for loose connection.

I don't think using pass light will blow bulb. However, I have seen some taxi drivers switching their head lamps on and off rather than using pass switch.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    relay is the cause check this, also you may land in warranty issues in case of problems please confirm with the SC