1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LED Daytime Running Lights for Punto Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gaur4v, May 24, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do a trial fit and see how they look.

There's a local Linea with DRL's in the fog lamp area and it looks pasted on like an aftermarket jugaad.

Cheers.
  2. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    The ones i got fit pretty snugly in the slot although fitting them will be a lil task, it wont jut out much.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Someone please tell me I am wrong:

DRL = Daytime Running Lights
    Why have lights in the day time? - Better visibility for others to spot you.
    Do these lights really have to be very bright? - No.

Option 1 - Import / Buy from importer LED DRLs, break your head over wiring if you are DIYing, loose sleep over wire cutting :)A) and lost warranty if getting it done outside.

Option 2 - Turn the knob at the end of the lever on the left of the steering about 10 mm. Parking lights come on and do the same thing (whatever it is), the DRLs will do.

Option 3 - Sit and ponder - For our driving conditions and awareness, do we really need DRLs?

Option 4 - :A :A

Rajan

PS: Just my opinion. It is your car and you are at liberty to do what you want with it :D
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont take it the wrong way, but that is making me sad actually, i really wished to have a daytime LED for my GP. So no way of getting it done any where here?

Yes i know with out car i am talking about this, but this is one of the top priority things i want to get it done with in week of delivery. :sadblue

- - - Merged Post - - -

Out of curiosity, did you not like this style?
    l2sVjql.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is not about if I like it or not. It has more to do with "Do I need it or not?". If the car came with that, factory fitted, yes I will love it. After market? No thanks. For me, it is more of functionality over form. I will modify the car to make it more comfortable and suit my taste and these after market DRLs are not on my list.

For some, it might be what they want, and will do it, no matter what I feel. It is just the difference between wants and needs, I guess. I am neither criticising those who want to do it, nor recommending it to those who do not have it. It is just not something that I will do in my car.

Rajan
  6. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    @Patchyboy- hahaha u have a point and i respect your views :) but as for me i just like the concept of DRLs and more than its actual utility value i like the way they look (again as u said, its a personal opinion)
    @Zen- I have the wiring all figured out! :D .I liked your picture but since m just 18 and don't earn. I don't have the funds to retro fit my headlamps. As for the regular DRLs commonly seen out here. They are cheap and can be uninstalled in the future :)
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Again you got me completely wrong there. Actually your taste of really needing it or not is very much evident from your other lines in your post. But from the line which i quoted i understood that its wise to not do it or no easy painless way to do without voiding warranty and stuffs. Hence i said that. I did not meant that i was sad about your choice/opinion. :rolleyes: No way i was criticizing you.
  8. @zenwalker, FYI few people in the forum have already installed DRL in their car..its just that if you really want it, get some opinion from expert installer/shops who will be installing it whether they can do it without cutting the wires..
    Btw, OT though when you getting the license? ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Nightfury

Nightfury Novizio

kolkata
    kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This one, I have done to mine ..

DSC_0763_20131003150616468.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. This is what I got recently

IMG_20131002_105700.jpg