1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leaking coolant tube..Need help to find the part number

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by avnsiva, Sep 24, 2016.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    My Fiat linea 1.3 MJD was not used for around 20 days. Had taken it to a nearby place last week. Within 2 kms was warned by a taxi that coolant is leaking down. Had pulled over and found that rat has bitten the return hose in 2 places.

7831f00dc9ce2c699aa2b99c12f9962c.jpg

Almost all the coolant is out now. Had some 4 liters of Motul Enugel and distilled water left in the boot. Bought an mseal and insulation tape to seal off the hole.
    afce10a17e7f9e7fa709741310fe8761.jpg
    412f0833ce44afa90499890c038cdcb4.jpg

Drove back down to home. Left the coolant cover a bit loose so that the pressure buildup inside coolant tank will not rise.

Now I am searching for this hose at 99rpm.com. All the other hoses for the coolant systems arw there apart from this tube.

Have made this video as well. Ple help to know the name of this hose or part number

Sent from my Letv X500 using Tapatalk
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    That coolant pipe should be included in part no 59064060 along with that black protection cover and fuel delivery pipe.
    Please do confirm with Fiat ASS before ordering any parts as I am not sure about part no being correct as this is listed under fuel injection in parts catalog.
    I am attaching a photo from parts catalog which resembles this coolant return pipe from thermostat to coolant tank.

fiatcoolant hose.png
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you planning to replace the coolant tube yourself?

Why don't you go immediately to any FASS and have this fixed. I am sure they would have stocked parts for this.
  4. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Got it. I saw this picture so many times but ignored the ones u highlighted...U have a sharp eye

5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Car is at my home and I cannot drive it to ramkay. Don't want to risk overheating the engine. The coolant just pours out in 10 mins flat. Can't they send someone with this part and change just one tube at my home itself? I mean a mobile service should be able to do it right?

6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Got it I think that should be possible. Explain them the situation and request for installation at home.
  7. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Novizio

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I've got the same problem. After last service,(timing kit change) I have been noticing coolant level dropping quite fast and now found the reason. Tried tightening the clip, but it is still loose and yesterday topped up to max level on the reservoir but after 7km city ride it has started to leak from the portion shown in the pic. Any suggestions?

IMG-20160926-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160926-WA0003.jpg
  8. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Better check this before you end up in a situation like me.

Finally sent the car to Ramkay in a flat bed. Seems like I get free towing along with my Bajaj Allianz Insurance. The service was very quick. The truck came to my place in 20-25 mins of calling their call centre.

ll have to check with Ramkay on how much it take to fix it and return the car.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Remove that clip and apply silicon sealant and then put a new clip (not the same type), collar type one. Easy fix and you can do it by yourself.
    Umesh Kumar likes this.
  10. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Novizio

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Did it last month itself. I got the clip with screw to adjust the diameter. Wrapped a PTFE thread seal tape around the hose before tightening so as to give some space for expansion as i had read so many stories about the coolant reservoir neck getting broken due to use of this type of clip. Attached pics of the old(left) and new clip.