1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Leakage - Oil based - driver side - Need suggestions ASAP

Discussion in 'Technical' started by yok1987, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Hi..

I've been transferred and just get to visit my home town just once in 3 months.

can anybdy please tell me teh reason behind the leakage(oil based) driver side. refer to the pic attached.
    leak.jpg

Please help..
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Looks like leakage from oil chamber.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Better pics can help. Am guessing leak from intercooler as the bumper has oil stains on its bottom. Did you have any impact recently?
  4. to add to that the vehicle has seen an accident 2 yrs ago. but after that it has been hardly driven around 5k kms, as i got transferred and its just parked.
    i had noticed this during my last visit but thought it was from the water wash, as i could just take it out for a wash and brought it back and parked.

also i have noticed a hissing noise when rev'd over 2500 rpm, that is something from the turbo isnt it. these two aspects are interlinked, hope u can narrow down better and suggest me the best.

also now im planning to drive it down to Mumbai (roughly 1400 kms), will that be advisable or should i not.. im taking it for service tomorrow.
  5. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    seems like an inter cooler puncture or a hose pipe leak .
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It can also be pipe carrying oil to the turbo.Check i thoroughly of any oil stains on the all pipes.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I also strongly suspect a ruptured / loosened intercooler hose. Since you're taking it to service tomorrow, it'll be fixed and you can undertake the trip without any apprehension. :)

Cheers.
  8. Thanks friends.
    I got the baby treated frm FASS.
    1. The problem was from oil chamber sealing was disturbed from an impact. Which was changed.
    2. Hissing sound was from the intercooler hose puncture. Replaced.

Now the baby is ready for he journey, but i didnt get leaves to drive it down.. Delayed by a month..

Thanks. Appreciate ur help... Keeep writing..
    1 person likes this.
  9. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had a similar problem when my oil sump was replaced by TASS during 3rd free service. It was due to a serious under body hit and the oil sump has got some dent/bent. After replacement, I started observing the oil leak in a week and was having a hard time for about 3 weeks following up with TASS guys. Finally after many escalations, TASS visited my home and taken car to SC. They came back in the evening and the answer was they refixed the sump and glued properly. But after that I have not seen that problem since now, I revvld' around 9000km now after 3rd service.
    1 person likes this.