1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Late, but not lost

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ravi_M, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3

I always look for information and reviews before I buy anything. Cars are a major topic. Before and after I bought this snow-white (Linea MJD Emotion), I had looked a lot on net and had come across Team-BHP. How I missed TFI, I don't know. I am happy to be with the herd.

This is my third car. I am 50+ and love driving. Have been driving for more than 20 years. First car was also a FIAT (Premier Padmini). Then I had a Tata Indica MPFI (Petrol) and enjoyed it thoroughly for 9 years. In my view, in that segment, it was the best car for one who loves driving. I made multiple trips to Mumbai.

For my third car, I could not settle for anything less than Linea Emotion. I did TD Fiesta and Manza and even considered Verna and Cruz. I liked Fiesta the most, but Linea floored me. Cruz did appeal me, but not Verna. We all know the famous TVC of Linea. This is the truth.

I have taken my snow-white to Vellore (3200 km total) in 2012 and enjoyed the trip thoroughly. Due to engagements, I am not able to do long trips, but shall do soon. I have not yet explored this forum, but, if members share their travel experiences, as they do on Team-BHP, it will be very useful. Ignore this, if it is already being done.

I have read in detail about new Linea 2014, but not yet seen it in the showroom. In Indore, FIAT has opened a new, nice showroom last year near the Tata outlet, where FIAT shared space earlier. I hope this new showroom and the new Linea will improve the sale. Though, I prefer the old appearance (timeless), the new one looks contemporary.

I wish you all and FIAT India, the best of success.

7 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFi Ravi sir :)

Please post pics of your linea.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Welcome to TFI :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the forum Sir.

Ravi_M sir please read about J Ravi sir. :p

You could take inspiration from him and others who have their travelogues posted here. Alternatively, if you are planning to a long trip, do open a thread in the relevant section and post questions. Members here will help you with planning routes, road conditions, eateries, resting places etc.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Ravi_M (same name as mine :). After looking your long experience of driving, I am sure members will benefit.
    Yes we have one section for this - Street & Travel Experience.

Take sometime and browse through the different section, and do provide any improvements if you feel - Suggestions and Improvements
    2 people like this.
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Thanx everyone for the welcome. I shall post the pics, but bear with me, I take time.

Happy driving,