1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Last TFI Mumbai/Navi Mumbai Meet of the Year - Reports Pg 13 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by alokdhawal, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Location for the Meet?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2012.
  1. Powai

45.5%
  2. 3M Navi Mumbai

54.5%
  1. alokdhawal

alokdhawal Novizio

Mumbai
    Guys so lets finalize the date first... I think Saturday (29th) evening is ideal... People who have office can also join easily for dinner.... Sunday morning is the 2nd option however it may be difficult to find a decent place open that time(plus the impact of losing the sunday morning sleep!!) ... So we will have to do some chai-samosa-chaat kind of thing!
    Options for Saturday evening is Pop Tates ( Reason being it is easy for us to park as ample parking there(valet also there)... Hiranandani we may find difficulty in getting 10-15cars together. But nevertheless we can always move around if we decide otherwise.

Please confirm your choices :)

1 person likes this.
  2. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    Meeting or Driving.:confused if its powai then only either is possible. i stay pretty close by so i know this. Powai is a good place to meet and dine but if you are considering driving :steering around :redcar and especially in a convoy :redcar :car :redcar :car to get attention on a saturday evening or sunday it will be very difficult. ::pP Most roads within powai hiranandani that have the mentioned joints , are 2 lane roads with 1 lane occupied by parked vehicles and in the evenings (early and late):traffic:traffic it does get difficult to move around. Also getting parking in this vicinity will be a challenge except a few like Yellow chilli, mainland china offering valet. the other joints are on the main road where getting a place to park will be a challenge :boxer. Further if there is family then there is even more effort.
    i dont mean to be a spoilsport but these are things we must be aware of. IMO we could meet, eat, talk. Family/No family is fine but if its driving, Powai might not be the best of places due to the crowd in the area.

@ Harsh -about cost per head on the food- some of these places are over priced :devilface due to location etc. you could look up buurp or zomato for more details.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Very good point's and something we should consider seriously. How about meeting at the 3M outlet in Navi Mumbai and dining at Barbeque Nation?
  4. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    How about meeting somewhere on Eastern Express Highway, no worries about the place, no worries about the parking. May be the service lane near Godrej Vikhroli is good place.
  5. 3M outlet in navi Mumbai is a nice option...its owner karthik is also a TFIan and when i last met him few days back he was saying me that he is plaaning for a TFI meet there....only thing is guys from Mumbai may have to drive a bit more:)
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Kartik & I discussed this when my car was there in mid-December :). Only thing is we have to confirm the number of people coming for him to make arrangement's to accommodate all of us. Mumbai guy's of course will have to drive down.
  7. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    why are we emphasizing on driving?
    we have had a great drive on 14th dec already.. i personally think if we park our 15 cars in a line it would still be a head-turner.
    and about cost per person i think wherever we go its gonna be atlesat 500-600 rs.
    and as far as i remember saffron spice offers buffet which cost 1k :(
    we can also avail good offers on domino's pizza:evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  8. alokdhawal

alokdhawal Novizio

Mumbai
    Absolutely agree with the point... And 2ndly its not necessary that everytime we meet we have to make a statement. We are meeting as a TFI group not to show the world...
    My suggestion was to keep it at a mutually convenient place where all mumbaikars can find ease to reach....
    If we keep changing all parameters we will never arrive at a decision!

1 person likes this.
  9. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    I am going outstation , cant come :(

backing out
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys : I agree too. Don't stress to much on "driving". Let's have only a "meet"

btw : I am in too. Please keep it at a convenient place

Amogh
    2 people like this.