1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Laptop charger for Punto...

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by RollingIce, Oct 9, 2011.

1. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hi,

During one of my visits to tata chroma ,I found a laptop charger from Belkins. The unit can be plugged into the cigar lighter just like the mobile charger. It has a three pin slot and a slot for usb chargin. The product costs around 1500/- in Pune .Has anyone over here used it in their car? Is it safe ?

Thanks,
    Srijit

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Though it has three pins ,I am not sure how the earthing works.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    forget that product and get a car inverter. you can plug in your existing charger, any damn mobile charger and other appliances upto 100 watts depending on what capacity inverter you buy.
  3. As told by Italia-Linea, go for an inverter so that you can charge almost everything
  4. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
  5. Indraneel

Indraneel

Indore
    I guess what Rolling ice has been offered is indeed a car inverter and not just a 'laptop charger' . I own a belkin car inverter 150 watts and it has a usb port to charge usb powered devices and a normal 3 pin plug socket.
  6. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too own Belkin inverter with USB port which I has been using it for last 1.5 yrs, will suggets this product.