1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lahaul and Spiti Drive 2015

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Unmesh Deshpande, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Unmesh Deshpande

Unmesh Deshpande Timido

Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Abdul,
    Well before the commencement of this adventure ride, I had ensured that no electrical wires and connections are exposed. Also I had applied silicon glue on the connectors hoping to get a waterproof cote. And this worked as I did not get any warning lights. Post this drive with only basic checks like wheel alignment and balancing, check of all fluids, repair to the engine guard below, I went on couple of long runs (1500 KM). No issues till date.

Vinod,

I agree that the water crossings are very tricky. You are not sure of the surface below so you need to be extra cautious about the Oil Sump!. The practice that I followed drive over the tallest stones so that the low GC in GP can be managed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    My question in was more in line with wading depth factor - the precautions that you had taken to tackle low wading depth of Punto (I'm not sure how much) and how did it exactly go about.
  3. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Wow superb pictures.
  4. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    That was really daring. and I dont know will I have the guts to do that. But looking at the picture you give me more courage to take the adventure trip hopefully to do it in the near future.

Waiting for the Travelogue and for sure reading that travelogue will be adventurous line by line. :) Happy fitian...
  5. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Picture perfect! I Think Fiat India should take the picture for advertising GP.
  6. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Awaiting your further posts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016