1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lahaul and Spiti Drive 2015

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Unmesh Deshpande, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Unmesh Deshpande

Unmesh Deshpande Timido

Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear All,
    This is my first Travelogue on this forum...

I have FIAT Punto 1.3 MJT Emotion Pack purchased in 2011. First I am going to upload all the images of the TANK :happy: in action and then as the time permits there will a write up about the event. This was an organized motoring event starting from Delhi to Delhi about 1500 KM. I started this drive from Nagpur and finished it at Nagpur itself covering a total distance of 4210 KM. It was a 10 day drive for me and the route maps are the following...

Day 1

Nag Del.PNG

Day 2
    Day 1.PNG

Day 3
    Day 2.PNG

Day 4 (A full day excursion to Chitkul from Sangala and back)
    Day 3.PNG

Day 5

Day 4.PNG

Day 6

Day 5.PNG

Day 7

Day 6.PNG

Day 8 - Reaching the highest point of this journey The Kumzum LA

Day 7.PNG

Day 8 Continued

Day 8.PNG

Day 9

Day 9.PNG

Day 10 - Back to Nagpur via a detour as the bridge over Chambal River at Dholpur was submerged!!!:banghead:

Day 10.PNG
    This was organized by Adventure Overlands ( http://www.adventuresoverland.com ), a Gurgaon based adventure tourism organization that transforms.. Tourists.. to Travelers and finally to Adventurists. I would be updating this thread mostly two or three times a week. So hope that all of you enjoy the same and I get some valuable feedback on writing such a travelogue. Some of the pictures are clicked by me and some by the co-drivers in our convoy.

In a true sense The Punto has proven to be Built Like A Tank!
    20449957754_31178f8c21_o.jpg

Punto Winning over many such rapids and glaciers

20458827044_58121a27be_o.jpg

21062524592_2cbb86e410_o.jpg
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Awesome and Congratulations
    Awaiting more deadly and beautiful pictures!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Unmesh Deshpande likes this.
  3. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Fantastic pictures and am sure, the experience will be treasured for a lifetime.

BTW, Wow, what a daring effort to drive the car through running water. Hope that wouldn't hurt any sensors in the bay.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lovely. Do share how you ensured safety of car while crossing those water streams. The 2nd one looks quite deep, but the flow is not forceful it seems.
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome pictures! Looks like you and the Punto had some serious fun! Keep the pictures coming.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fantastic pics and awaitng for full travelogue report. Kudos.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Water crossing pictures are amazing. Looking forward to reading on how exactly you managed to handle these water crossings.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Damn sexy pics of the GP. Truly beautiful she looks.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Seriously, adventurous in its true sense. Keep them coming. Did you get any check engine light when you crossed the water or did you cover the sensor knowing it will come on:)?

Abdul