1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

La Mia Bellezza Italiana

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vayfiat, Dec 10, 2012.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats mate. Though not an expert on car, but can say you chose the queen. :clap :drinks

I just love this BNW car. Cant wait for it to become mine too.

I cant wait to read your ownership review post.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks man! :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sure Pramod... will catch up soon. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Raj... yep! We don't bother... silly people :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Rishi... Sure... will keep posting :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Sunith... The place is Nandi Hills :)
  3. FiatVenky

FiatVenky Timido

Bangalore
    Congrats dude.
    I got the same spec (BNW sports) a month back. Great car, and love every drive.
    How is your running in going on?
    I maintain the car below 2K rpm,. mostly work around 1K to 2K, and only once touched 2.5K rpm (100Kmph on 5th gear)
    Venky
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I am super impressed by the driving experience... I dont hold onto 2K RPM always... As some of our administrators have suggested, I am using it like a normal car... the RPM touches 2.5K in 1st gear, goes above 2K in 2nd gear... after that I rarely reach above 2.2K... once I had reached 105Kmph... mostly I had driven around 80-100... I got around 19-20Kmpl in that drive... the drive was around 320KM. Had taken it to a hilly area... was doing wonders in hairpin bends... I was able to move in 2nd gear without downshifting... in 3rd gear in straight slopes with ease...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Forgot to greet you man... :) Congrats Venky... Wish you happy Punto-ing!!! :)
    Ravi likes this.
  5. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Updates from me after a long long time :)...

Total KMs covered so far: ~27000 (1 Year & 9 Months completed)

Experience so far:

• She is a beauty (I've seen people admiring. Recent comments I've heard when windows were fully rolled down - from a Mallu to his friend- "Oru adipoli Punto" meaning "A stunning Punto")
    • Engine sound (From cranking sound all the way up to the ones at higher RPMs)
    • Solid build quality
    • Safety aspects - especially the braking capability (I was cruising at ~110Kmph, I was at a safe distance behind a truck and I tried to overtake and few workers were working near the divider with only a hazard cone placed on the road. Had to attempt a sudden brake and she came to 0Kmph without any complaints - my wife, mothe-in-law and my friend were fully silent but slowly started smiling. The workers were staring at us in disbelief. Admiration from my friend. I couldn't believe the way she came to halt - amazed!!!)
    • Mid-range surge of engine power
    Dislikes:
    • Exide Battery - it is weak now - within 1 year and 9 months - did not expect this. But mine might be an odd incident. I have read about battery lasting for 3-4 years in TFI. Planning to get it replaced soon.
    • Slow speed ride quality (I ride through one of the most crowded and pathetic roads in Bangalore - Old Airport Road - during office hours). I have not replaced stock tyres till date (Apollo Accelere) - not so happy with the way the bumps are absorbed to the cabin.
    • 1st and 2nd gear ratios. But a fan of 3rd gear.
    • It doesn't have a good bottle holder. But not so sad too :)
    • Hazard switch panel - it breaks and goes inside (happened twice) - Vecto rescued both times - according to them it has got a weak clip which will break even without applying pressure. In general, I operate stuffs very gently and I'm not sure how is this happening.
    Overall, I have been enjoying my rides. The likes dominate the dislikes. I'm attaching the expense sheet and few recent pics.
    I will also be writing few of my experiences about the service/repair experience I've got so far from KHT (so bad)/Vecto (Good). Will also give a short description of buying experience.

Expenses_0.jpg

Punto_Profile_1.JPG

IMG_0318 (800x533)_Copy.jpg

IMG_0370 (800x533)_Copy.jpg

IMG_0550 (800x533)_Copy.jpg

IMG_0569 (800x533)_Copy.jpg

IMG_4463 (800x533)_Copy.jpg

IMG_4478 (800x533)_Copy.jpg

IMG_4492 (800x533)_Copy.jpg
    prabhjot, Ravi and nkrishnap like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The car looks beautiful in those pics. Do create an album here and keep updating the gallery
    vayfiat likes this.
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Wow. Forgot we've got a gallery now. Sure nkrishnap.:)