1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

La mia bella e potente star - Punto Emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Nithrath, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    First month update

Buddies,

I have completed 1 month, to be precise 1 month 1 day of ownership with my sweet & powerful star punto. Lot of appreciations, criticisms from my friends group reg. my punto. I clocked 1450KMS till now i.e. 46.7 KMS per day. Not bad huh!!
    • Punto has taken lot of admiration stares for the looks.
    • I'm enjoying the freedom of diesel. When ever i enter a petrol pump looking at the petrol heads i feel happy :), sorry guys.
    • Blue & me is working charm. But looks like the voice reception has became a bit low and the people at the other end of the call complains that the voice is low though i have it in full volume.
    • I experienced some bumpy ride after 10 days of the delivery. I checked the tyre pressure and its smooth from then on.
    • The turbo pooling kickoff sound is so sweet to hear again n again.
    • I'm happy that no rattles in any part of it.
    • I cant comment on the highway behaviour of Punto as i didn't do any long trip.
    • One mishap happened in my parking lot. I'm the culprit. I have updated the pics & details in my last post in this thread.
    • Mileage: is a bit concerning. Its 17.5KMPL on freeways & 12.5 in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Its low right? I have to check why is it so.
    • I'm done with the registration too. It didn't go smooth. I already have one two wheeler with me now. But the system showed them 2 bikes on my name. The last bike which i sold to some person(through some local mechanic) in 2006 didn't get the vehicle transfered to his name. It still reflects my name. So, i happened to spend some extra bucks for the registration.
    • Embarassing situation some times due turbo lag below 1800 RPM. I have to go through one uphill right after a traffic signal. Obviously i have to switch from 1st gear - 2n gear and then on. Before i cross the desired RPM for turbo to kick-off, i have to take the honks of many behind me. Due to this even wagon-r's & i10's give weird stares and pass on.
    • I got AutoCop reverse parking sensors installed. I'm happy with its performance and sensors are sharp enough for blind reversing.

Auto cop reverse parking sensors - Rs.2800/-
    AutoCop01.jpg

Ooucch!! Plz stop it...No!!
    AutoCop03.jpg

Drilling the hole with the measurement provided by AutoCop manufacturer
    AutoCop02.jpg

AutoCop04.jpg

AutoCop05.jpg

Installation of the display. I opted for the rear so that the IRVM shows the mirror and thus correct image.
    AutoCop06.jpg

Close up of the sensor. There is slight mismatch in the color of Bosa Nova White and the actual white.
    AutoCop08.jpg

This is how it looks after drilling and before the sensors installation
    AutoCop07.jpg

I noticed this small hole like thing on the right side of the front bumper. Any idea about what it is?
    2012-04-17 17.51.25.jpg

Over all, i'm very very happy with the ride. I intend to do lot of travelling. But seriously i have a very little friends who are really interested in travelling. I met some of the Hyderabad TFI'ans. Hope to get along with them and clock as many as possible long trips. Waiting eagerly for an excuse to make one long trip.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Congrats Nithrath for completing 1 month of ownership.

Few answers from my side.

Regarding the fuel efficiency, there are members from Hyderabad here who have easily achieved 18 - 20 kmpl in city and around 24 kmpl on highways. Always wondered how?....?
    And 13 kmpl in city is what I usually get and some times when I am lucky I get a max of 14.5 kmpl from tank full to tank full.

Which uphill are you talking about? The one at the Jubilee Hills Check post? If yes, then I pass that every day. Instead of others honking me, its me who honk to others and pass stares as
    if, "how did you even think of coming on to the road with these driving skills?" My motto on road is ... GO or LET GO.
    There are few other uphills in the route I travel everyday which are the few of the toughest points to travel and more (you should be familiar with the uphill right after the TV9 studio, Banjarahills and also the uphill right after the Peddamma Temple junction) My Punto has never let me down on any uphill so far.
    No offence, but IMHO you should get used to the car and should definitely adjust you driving a bit under the uphill road conditions. It usually takes some time to adjust to a new car.

The hole with a cap in the front bumper is for hooking up to a tow vehicle if needed.

I am looking forward to meet you back in Hyderabad. Will check how well the sensors work. I am planning to get quite a few things on my car, but will have to do it on priority basis. We will definitely plan a meet either in the city or a long drive in July. Enjoy your ride with more miles and smiles.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    The uphill i'm talking is the one when you take right at the cross of cyber gateway. I've to travel towards Dell/oracle buildings. The traffic flow will so much that you will not have much time to think abt how to react for the honking.

Reg. driving style, you are absltly true dude! I'm very used to Alto and thats troubling me still. Will certainly get used to punto style very soon.

Reg. mileage, i met shiva and rajesh last week. Shiva mentioned that his 90HP used to return just 8KMPL initially and now its like 20+ always. In my view, mileage depends on your driving style and the routes you travel where there is less b2b traffic. I'm not very obsessed with mileage but its a point of concern to mention about.

Yep, hope to meet u at hyderabad. Thank you friend.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont care,try to keep left ! and this might happen only one day of your drive next day onwards you will be aware about the roads and what should be the proper gear and RPM levels.
    "Light tisuko mama(take it easy) ;)"
    1 person likes this.
  5. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Where did you get this white color reverse parking sensors?
  6. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Ganges! :) Are you from AP? light theesukuntey yela macha?? sodhi aakariki wagon-r's kuda choosthuntey chee anipisthondhi. Driving style alavatu kavali. Thats it.

Praveen! From Indian De'Cars, Banjara Hills.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No,learnt telugu language from my gf ;) she left me... but language no....

have some long drives you will become perfect... very soon...
    Keep patience for another 2000 Kms then you will feel somewhat smooothness and better acceleration in the ride...
    Dont worry about wagonR and etc etc etc, i do stare at them.
  8. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Perfect with Telugu then?

Thanks for the advice Ganges! I will try to accustom my driving style according to Punto!!
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah i was kidding , native guntur...

Frankly speaking i got my punto acceleration better after Oil change to Mobil Delvac1 fully synthetic oil(came to know in TFIAT).i have done this change after 22K kms on ODO.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Ganges! You one guntur guy in maharashtra! Cool

Yep, i will make a note of that for my first oil change!!!