1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Krr ...Krr ..noise from rear of Grande Punto !

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by naveen, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    LOL! Reduced effectiveness of shock absorer. You mean change in damping action?

Is sturt of GP is adjustable like 2 wheeler?

This is peak point of Tata ASS about how they misguide FIAT custmer.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Bhai, This is case of Chassis manufacturing defect. I am doubtful they can help the matter even if right expertise is there. I think SAT-CHIT may directly coordinate with FIAT & there could be an extreme situation where vehicle could be taken back to Rajandgaon to rectify the chassis, it's just a thought. I hardly see any resolution with TASS, apart from these cheap methods they are trying obviously.
  3. You are right, replies from TASS is to deny the issue as of now and it seems FIAT person also checked the car.I requested them to do away with the rubber bush and sealant and return the car to original state. I am sure issue will be more glaring once it's done.
    -Sat
  4. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    @Soccerfan,

Following is the document used by Fiat to resolve the issue

Spot welding.jpg
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Sorry for bumping such an old thread. But, I think I have this issue in my MY2012 Punto. I hear this noise when someone from behind alights the cabin or I rock the car sideways.

Initially I thought it's due to dirt/mud, but the noise is still there even after a thorough underbody wash.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Deva, try releasing the handbrake and doing the same. You won't get the noise in all probability.

IMO, it is the rear brakes. I get this in my car as well and have observed the same in my friend's cars as well.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Valid point.. I'll check that. Thanks.
  8. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    I think i have the same issue in my 2011 Punto. i have noticed that the noise is much lesser when the rear seat is occupied.
    was it the same case with you guys?