1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kottayam to Mangalore: Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by phate_b, Jun 23, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Roads from Thrissur to calicut was awesome around an year back. No exaggerations, but it was really good especially in the night with all reflectors and cat-eyes marking the boundaries of the road.

Just be a little careful about the private buses from malappuram onwards.
    1 person likes this.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I would prefer driving at night.. but there are a lot of trucks.....
  3. Okay then I'l get a droid to navigate me through by some means...by that time I hope to get updates about road conditions from this thread...got more than 3 weeks before d drive anyway. :)

KSRTC's are no better beings....... :D

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

The situations demand me to get there at evening.. I hope a 5:00am start will let me get to Mangalore by 7:00pm (maximum) and probably I'll be driving back that night itself !!!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

back the same night.. wow that's something big... achievable if u have another person to drive and take shifts.
  5. not yet decided on the return..maybe the same day, maybe two days later... absolutely no definite plan..!! only thing definite is that there won't be any co-drivers...
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

I think best way is as shown in the google map.. but now chamravattam bridge is open which can reduce the distance of 40kms from Edappally-Calicut!!! but I wont suggest that route as its narrow road and you can get big traffic in Tirur..instead you can go normal way Thrissur-kuttipuram-kottakkal -Ramanattukara.. there you can use bypass to avoid calicut city traffic..

you cant avoid Mahe in this way.. so no problem you will get Diesel cheaper by 2Rs per litre.But I suspect the quality of the fuels ..
    I think if you start by 5 am you can reach Thrissur before 8:30 or even before 8 am.. take 30-45 mins break for breakfast..from their you can reach Calicut with in 3 hrs(Buses takes 3 hrs so you can do better timing). avoid calicut city drive by using byepass you can reach Thalassery before 1pm. their you can good thalassery Biriyani..
    I dont know much about the route after that..but I think you can reach their before 7pm sure..
  7. sungoa2010

Stopping at Talasseri may not be good as it is very congested road. I remember there is KDDC Aramam some where near kannur/taliparambu on the side of highway. Your navigator may spot it. More than taste food is hygienic. Also clean and neat toilets. I advise not to spent more time on searching for restaurants if one can get decent one on highway. Calicut bypass definitely save lot of time.
  8. No navigation systems and i'm gonna start off in less than a couple of hours... :)
  9. sungoa2010

All the best for the journey :)