1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

KOLKATA to BHUTAN - Avventura

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Subhendusc, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @ KPR - Yea to me the roof rails were functional . The total roof load of both the bags were approximately 20-25 kg. My roof survived.

It so nice. I will be continuing with all the details so that the next person donot have any problem in Bhutan
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It's one of the plus points of Avvy. If I am not wrong even the active trim gets the functional roof rail. @Subhendusc can confirm.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That's nice. I'm not seeing any base plate above car roof metal on which the bags can be placed. Hope there's a base for the carrier.
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    A very basic query about luggage carrier on the car roof (I had dropped it after raising among various groups, without getting proper info) -
    Are personal vehicles allowed to carry luggage on roof-top within city-limits by RTO rules? I have an impression that these are not. This has to do with safety on the road. I have seen carriers only on Kali-Peeli in Mumbai and Peeli in Kolkata and maybe in Delhi (I mean taxis), but years ago. What is the scene now? Anyone knows?
  5. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi_M , really speaking goods on the roof tops can be carried by Goods Carrier only.
    But then there are carriers available. and people use them generally when going out.

@KPR I tried to look for a base plate in Kolkata , but there is no such in Kolkata for Avvy
  6. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    TFI closing down from 1 June 2016, want to know if it is one man decision or collective decision

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the route update, Subhendusc. Last year, I took Kharagpur>Bankura>Chittaranjan>Deoghar>Bhagalpur>Purnea>Siliguri route to reach Gangtok/Guwahati/Tawang. Do you think Burdwan>SH7>Moregram route is better than the Deoghar>Bhagalpur>Purnea route or the other alternatives? Did you return by the same route or some other route?
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @J Ravi , the SH7 route is shorter than your purnea route by approx 100.0 km.
    In My very recent trip to Chittaranjan and Dumka I had found that the road conditions of around these two places are not very good.

There is another route , ie NH34 from Kolkata itself. But conditions between Ranaghat and Berhampure is not good .
    Hence after all these considerations I took SH7 - NH34 route.

I am just waiting for the fate of this forum before continuing with my travelogue.
    J Ravi likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, @Subhendusc. On 29 April 2012, I drove via SH 7 [Moregram-Burdwan], when returning from Thimphu to Puri. I may take this route again during my next drive/ride to NE. :)