1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Knocking sound from front left hand side suspension

Discussion in 'Technical' started by chakiirfan, Jul 2, 2015.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,

I am facing a very wired issue with my fiat punto where i can hear knocking sound from my left hand side suspension while crawling at low speed or during speedbreakers or in the potholes.

I have shown the car to fiat service center but they are unable to diagnose the issue and they are unable to resolved the same.

Request if anyone has face the same and have resolved it, if yes then please suggest what can be done for the same.

Thanks,
    Irfan
  2. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,if you are facing that issue while driving solo in the car then its fine and its a known thing. But if its coming even after having rear seat passenger then visit your nearest FASS.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have the same issue with my Evo mate. During my visit to FASS the SA took the vehicle for ride with myself & mechanic on rear. With three people onboard the sound disappeared. But if I am travelling alone I get the similar knocking sound. For me the sound erupts from left hand side rear suspension. I am clueless now as they are unable to rectify the issue.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Iam also facing this issue but for me... If am traveling alone or with other people sound is coming from the front suspension... Fass people changed the front suspension both right and left (they said so) bur still after couple of weeks it again appeared and now am driving with that irritating sound.... I have gone 5 times for this reason to fass and problem not solved....
    Experts can help/advise.
  5. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wishing someone could pin point the actual issue here... It is the only sore point in my car...
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check for strut pads, most og the time the problem appears due to these.
    Then comes lower arm.Check if there is any play in the wheel.
    Apart from these I never faced noise issues due to any other reasons.
    Before that get a water wash to under body.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got the same checked up with fiat service center and they its fine... Would have to search a good garage in Mumbai so that it can be checked outside too..
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For me fass people said they have changed the suspension, damper, pads etc( since i went for 4th time for same issue) but after a month it again started to appear....
    Only change after a month is wheel alignment done.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2015 ---
    Is WA is linked to this sound???!