1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kiran's (P)ride !!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3

if thats the case then your punto might have been tagged as " Is it DEMO CAR " within friends & relatives :D

We really need tints this really disturbs our privacy :(
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Enjoy the attention dude. Your car deserves it. The stickers really compliment the RED color of our cars and it simply looks superb. Remember we are the lucky ones to get the FIAT stickers even though we were on the other side of the entrance gate. So, don't even think about trying to remove them. :D
  3. macky

macky Amatore

Kiran Anna,

Stock alloys look amazingly good!! By the way no updates from the Pune meet from Hyd guys!! and pics!!
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I haven't applied tints from the day I bought the car and when I wanted them the stupid rule came in place. My wife already calls it a "DEMO CAR" for FIAT and that I am propogating FIAT in Hyderabad. And I say that I am proud to own a FAIT and I am displaying the same. She said something on similar lines when I got the scorpion on hood, blackened the roof, with abarth stickers and stripes. She later got used to it. Hope she gets used to these again.

I am afraid that I cannot drive in my usual sedate way ;) cause I now represent TFI quite noticably.

Me and the other team members have very few pics of the meet and few pics that were clicked at Mahabaleshwar the next day. I will try to upload them tomorrow. I should have clicked a lot of pics but then I was my lazy self and was enjoying the party.
    1 person likes this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

40,000 kms Update!!

My (P)ride crossed the 40,000 kms landmark last friday. The last 10k was the quickest so far which has been done in 5 months.

My Punto clocked 30k in the beginning of Dec 2012, later I did 3 highway drives to Vijayawada, Pune Factory meet which was extended to Mahabaleshwar and couple of months earlier to Tirupathi, in the past 5 months and the rest was city drive.

Got into a minor accident in March. I was trying to take a left turn after getting down a flyover, changing the lanes from the middle lane to the far left. There was a biker coming along the left lane, who seemed to take a left turn, but then suddenly decided to change lanes and collided with my car sideways just before the turn. He lost balance and collided with the car twice which left dents on the left A pillar, wheel arch, running board and rear left door. I stopped my car nearby and attended the biker to see if he was hurt badly. Luckily nothing happened to him but his bike lost its right rear view mirror. I apologised to him, payed 100 bucks for the mirror which he refused, but I said sorry again and put the money in his pocket. I was thanking to God that nothing major happened to the biker and he did not fall on the ground or before the car.
    The dents are yet to be fixed and will be done leisurely.

Last saturday got the much delayed Fiat approved Central locking system installed. I was following up Tejaswi for a long time for the central lock and finally got hold of one last piece that was with the accessories dealer. The technician from Autocop didnot show up on time and in the mean while I was enquiring about other accessories that I can install.

At the time of delivery I got Sony HU with Aux, USB, BT features, 190W 2-way speakers in the front doors and 300W Sony coaxials at the rear on a wooden plank. Though I am not an audiophile, I somehow wanted my ICE to sound better but without burning a huge hole in my pocket. When I enquired about what can be done with the ICE, I was given an option to add 2 channel amp or change the rear coaxials along with 2 channel amp which would be more costly. I was told that I would have to change to a 4 channel amp if I were planning for a Woofer later. This made me drop the idea. Then, they came up with another suggestion that I could change the front speakers alone which will suffice my needs for now.

The option was to change to JBL 360W 6.5" components with tweeters and crossover (I am not sure of the model but a quick google search tells me that the model is GTO609C) in the front. I went for it with a bit out doubt, but the end result was more than what I expected.
    The Sony 190W speakers are now fitted in the rear doors but without any connections. The technician informed me that the HU cannot handle all 6 speakers and will have a lot of distortion.

Later after couple of hours the Autocop technician showed up and started his work. The door panels were already removed to install the speakers and helped the technician in finishing his job quickly. I didnot like the remote of the central lock and the technician offered me other models that he had and I exchanged one of the remote with the one I liked the most from the lot. He configured the remote to the system and I now have two different models of remotes (The technician had extra remotes in single pieces only).

Then was the time to change the foot mats. The old mats were freebies and were almost torn with the worst part being a hole at the location where I place my right foot. Wanted to go for 3D mats but they were not readily available. Upon looking at some other models I liked the 3M Nomad replica type mats and got them installed. The mats are thicker and are much more comfortable than the freebie ones. Looks more like the door mats at home, but what I like the most about them is that they grip the carpet well and are not slippery.

Got a Godrej Aer AC perfume (petal flavour), Blind Spot mirrors and an AUX cable.

Wheel balancing rotation and alignment was to be done on the same day, but was exhausted by the time the installation was done and drove back to home directly.

Sunday, went to the TFI-Hyderabad Mini Meet. Met Shiva Kalyan aka Cyberdocind after many meets. Met our Director Srikanth Addala with his prized possession which he got at the most unbelievable deal. Got to catch-up with Hurricanes and Vj_V1 aswell. After the meet Cyberdocind and Srikanth Addala left. Hurricanes, Vj_V1 and me went to Restaurant Sholay for a hearty lunch, later which, we departed and I drove straight to the wheel alignment guy near our locality. Got the wheel balancing, tyre rotation and alignment done. During the process we observed a 1" screw in the tyre which left a puncture that was fixed. This is the first puncture after getting the S drives installed and after 10k kms. The tyres are serving their purpose well and seem like they have a lot of juice left in them. I expect another 25-30k of tyre life if maintained well.

Cost break-up:
    Fiat Central Lock : 10,500 Rs.
    JBL Components : 5200 Rs.
    Foot Mats: 1750 Rs.
    Blind Spot Mirrors: 300 Rs.
    Godrej Aer : 200 Rs.
    AUX Cable: 100 Rs.
    Wheel alignment, balancing, rotation and puncture: 600 Rs.

Grand Total: Rs. 18,650/-

This ends the exhaustive 40k kms update.

Thanks for reading.
    10 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This product is very good.
  7. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

love those yoko tires!! ausome!