1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kiran's (P)ride !!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Sep 10, 2012.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I think I will wait until the Fiat Factory Meet. I would have run a 1000kms in city by then and then a 1200 or more kms on Highway. I might then be able to do proper justice to my review.

The Scorpion is still there on the hood and is the new head turner on my car after my old alloys. The outline of the scorpion isn't too thick and is hard to notice from an angle and hence it isn't visible in the pic. The new OEM alloys with the tyres do fill the wheel arch and one could make out the difference if compared to my old pics. I haven't even cleaned the alloys yet and I can already see them shining a bit. I wonder how long can I keep them shining.

Yes, I consider myself very lucky in this aspect. Almost brand new OEM alloys for 15k is a steal.

Well, as mentioned earlier, I would pen down my opinion after the Highway run for the Fiat Factory Meet.
    But, initial experience was a bit weird :)

Steering: The steering felt more responsive as opposed to what I was expecting with the shift from 195 to 205.

Ride Quality: I felt the ride quality to be a bit hard probably for the low profile or was I assuming?

Comfort: Smooth, but still could feel few rough patches and potholes inside. ES100s were brilliant in this regard.

Cornering: Cornering is now improved with more contact area and more grip.

Body roll: The area where I noticed a tremendous difference is the amount of body roll. The corners that I took today had min body roll where as my ES100 on the same was on the higher side.

Road Noise: Did 120 kmph today on a stretch and the road noise is negligible.

Braking: Luckily, I din't get a chance to try this :) But my brake pads are almost 14k kms old, so am not ready to experiment in this area atleast till the Factory Visit. But we never know.

I am not sure, if I have missed on anything, but will add if I notice anything more. For now, this is what I could sum-up as my initial impression for the 100 odd kms of drive after getting the S-drives installed.

P.S: These are my personal opinions as compared to my previous set of tyres ES100 195/60 R14.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    2nd Birthday!!

Today my car celebrates its 2nd Birthday

20121218_120600.jpg

20121218_120613.jpg

20121218_120622.jpg

20121218_120639.jpg

20121218_120703.jpg

20121218_120720.jpg

20121218_120741.jpg
    15 people like this.
  3. Side wall height is almost same right ,how does it change the ride quality?
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats to you and your punto for completing 2 yrs together :D so what are you planning to gift her ?
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thanks Shams. This month I have already spent close to 50k on her :) Only thing that is still on the anvil is the much delayed Central Lock. I thought of getting her a race chip, but dropped the idea based on suggestions from my brothers @ TFI.

Ride Quality: I felt the ride quality to be a bit hard probably for the low profile or was I assuming?

Well, I did say that I felt the ride has become a bit hard and even said that I may be assuming that. Its all in the mind. I may be wrong. But thats what I felt when I changed the tyres. Could it be because the overall diameter is now increased?

I am not very technical about all these side wall thickness stuff. If I like something, I will go for it without much calculations, else I would not have ended up buying a FIAT.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hey Kiran, Congrats .. great work done with the alloys..
  7. Please check the cold air pressure many filling stations meter's are not calibrated properly.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran your [P]ride deserves the below pic :D :-

Cheetah1.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Kiran,
    I saw your punto with scorpion decal on bonnet in parking during factory visit. I like the decals.

And nice to meet you in person too :)
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I always fill Nitrogen and the guy who fitted the tyres recommended to go for 30PSI and I am trying to maintain the same. For now I am comfortable with the ride quality or rather got used to the same.

Thanks a lot Ganges. The pic looks cool, but I am already being bugged my wife to remove the FIAT stickers on the doors. For the past 2 days my car has been attracting a lot of attention on the road and the passers by look at the stickers strangely. This is making my wife really uncomfortable given the fact that my car doesn't have any dark tints. I adviced her to get either collapsable curtains or the black stick ons that I already have. :D

Even Vj-v1 who travelled with me to Pune and back was complaining that he would not travel in my car again as lot of people were staring at the stickers on my ride. :D

I might have to eventually take out the stickers, but I am liking the attention that my car gets now and also being from the lot of the lucky few who got the stickers inspite of parking our cars on the other side of the Factory entrance gate.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you rishikesh. It was nice meeting you too :)
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.