1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kiran's (P)ride !!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Sep 10, 2012.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much they offered for your old alloys?

Have a look at this tyre. This is from GoodYear model name is Eagle F1 GSD3.

gsd3.jpg
    Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 Tyre
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have spoken to the owner of the shop over phone and he said he can only quote the price of the existing alloys after having a look at them.
    These tyres look good. How much would they cost and how is the performance?
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry, I don't know the price. For performance have to google over it.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Already did the same and read that the life is poor and are higher on road noise.

My priorities are as follows:

1. Grip and braking
    2. Ride comfort
    3. Life
    4. Road noise
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How did you feel about the yoko's you already have?

Definitely these good years are going to be noisier than yoko's. As I don't have used these tyres I can not authentically say and me too have to rely on the online reports.
  6. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Boy, those alloys look hot :)

Since you like the thread pattern in Yoko's and since noise is a concern in your earlier tyres, I suggest Yokohama AVS DB v550. The thread pattern is cool and from what I heard these tyres are for handling and comfort and they are super silent.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey, after doin up your car with all these, go for some good after market, 98-100Pcd alloys kiran bhai.
    chethan already had linea alloys on his, but dont think it looks as HAWT as some other aftermarket ones.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/2530-beautiful-brilliant-solid-4.html#post52057

else you got to customise those alloys with something like this
    The official alloy wheel show off thread. Lets see your wheels! - Page 249 - Team-BHP

After using Yoko ES100 for long, you wont like goodyear or anything, A friend has that F1 and he had said its good, but nothing so great like yokos grip or comfort. just the design is awesome. get some other opinion too !! that even costs as much as yoko.. 4900 for 14 inch, must be 5.6k + for 15" !!
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    The ES100 as mentioned in my earlier post elsewhere are a follows

Pros:
    Road Grip (Wet/Dry)
    Braking efficiency
    Looks (Pattern)
    Ride comfort

Cons:
    Road noise
    Low running life (~30-35k)
    Soft rubber is prone for damage quite quickly

I have been hanging around 3 models right now

ES100 & AVS DB V550 : 195/60 R15 - Both cost ~5200 Rs.
    S-drive : 195/55 R15 : Rs. 5400

ES100:
    I like the look and grip level it offers and the confidence boost it gives on any corner
    The rubber is very soft and wears away quite quickly with around 30-35k km life. Road noise is ok for me. I am used to it now.

S-drives:
    According to the technician at the tyre shop S-drives have good road grip and road noise is also less but are not as quite as DBs.
    Ride quality seems to be good too according to reviews and I liked the look too.
    Cons will be that the soft compound again is prone for damage more often and the life expectancy would be around 30-35k km again.
    The profile i also less and might take the hit directly to the OEM alloys which have a very bad reputation for frequent bending problems.

AVS DB V550:
    I visited 2 tyre dealers today and the technicians at both the dealers suggested me to go with these.
    The thread pattern doesn't seem to have the grip level par ES 100s
    Quietest of the lot.
    Life according to them is somewhere between 40-50k km depending on road/driving conditions.
    I really didn't like the pattern. Its okish, but am not sure if they will gel with stickering and theme of the car.
    Still in confusion.

God!!! Why do I crave for the looks more??

Varun bhai, please don't add to my confusion :(
    The moment I entered the first dealer I almost zeroed on to a Lenso samurai in matt black with red wheel cap. I thought of inquiring if it would fit my Punto.
    I don't know what made me to ask the question about the OEM alloys in the first place. When I heard that they are available and as I know they are a direct fit and nothing else would fit better than them, I didn't think much. Also the after market ones of 15" start from 18k for a set of 4 and the OEM 15k for the same.
    However, I paid an advance of 5k to block those alloys and I have a deal with the shop owner that I can still pick an after market alloy if I choose so.
    There is another option that I can change these OEM after an year or so and if I am not happy with them, I know there will be quite a few who would like to buy them for a reasonable price.

BTW I have already sold my current alloys to one of our TFIan's brother who owns a Punto Dynamic.
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to know that your alloys are sold to a TFIan.

Post the photos of your beauty with the new alloys and shoes.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This tyre is impressive.. I've personally not used this one but I have this
    Maxxis MA Z1 Victra | the Maxxis MA Z1 Victra reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide
    And if you look at the comparisons between mine and this tyre they seems to be pretty much similar. So on that perspective I can tell you that you will not be dissapointed with the handling/braking.
    I've used my my tyres for about 10K now and its too good with handling.

The only flipside is ride will be hard (Not sure how hard the Goodyear sidewalls will be but Maxxis is really rock hard).
    And unless the road is 100% perfect you will feel everything on the road. I kinda like it but not many who drive my car do.

- - - Merged Post - - -

a bit on the same topic..
    has anyone seen this?
    MY GOD
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Super-Sport.htm