1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Kiran's (P)ride !!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by N Kiran, Sep 10, 2012.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thanks Shams. Its the same cotton strands similar to the Jopasu duster but on a glove kind of thing which you can put on your hand and wipe the dust. Mostly useful for dashboard cleaning stuff. Using the big duster inside the cabin might be a bit difficult, thats all. I will show you when we meet at Ooty :)
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Car looks sporty. How much you spend for Philips headlamps?
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Well, I should say I was ignorant of all these and asked my friend to join me for selection of the alloys. Initially I was planning to just change the alloys and keep the OEM tyres. So, I had to stick with 14" alloys. Later when I purchased the alloys and went to a tyre shop for getting the alloys fitted, I saw a swift who was upgrading his alloys and tyres and had issues with the tyre touching the fender when turning the steering to complete lock. My friend showed me that as an example and told me that we should always stick with the OEM rim size. But I fell in love with the thread pattern of the Yokos on the swift and when enquired the mechanic over there about it, he suggested me to go for 195/60/R14 because I already had 14 inchers with me. I went ahead with their suggestion and exchanged my OEM tyres for the Yokos. On one occassion, I had to put my spare tyre which was a stock and I noticed that the car was lifted to some extent on one side. I could really make out the GC difference between the OEM and the setup I had. But on the brighter side I was way comfortable at corners with my 195 and doubt if I would get the same performance with the stock 165s. Ground clearance was not a big issue for me. I had scraped the engine guard couple of times (on rough off-roads), but nothing major. Since I do a lot of city driving I never had an issue with the GC. I felt the lower GC gave a better look in the matter of stance and the car always felt planted on the road at what ever speeds I was at. And coming to the asthetics my setup still turns a lot of heads on the road which I might have missed with the stock size.

When I was part of this forum and after reading several threads I did understand that I could have gone for a bigger alloy and tyre. But it was too late. Ignorance is NOT always a bliss, is what I can say for now.

I have already planned for an upgrade once I am done with my current set of tyres which have run 26k kms so far. I am looking at 15" minimum or 16". Will decide when the time comes.
    But definitely my next set of tyres will be 205/R15 or 215/R16 if possible. And would definitely contact all our experts before taking the plunge.

The lamps costed 400 Rs. for a pair and the relay costed 1200 Rs.

P.S: Now people might understand what I really meant in my first post :D Long story writer :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. Longer the posts the better...Excellent mods carried out,and the outcome is fabulous...:wow
    At the rear teamfiat.co.in,stickering looks like oem sticker..
    The pics are awesome..post more,along with mileages that you get..

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Longer the posts the better...Excellent mods carried out,and the outcome is fabulous...:wow
    At the rear teamfiat.co.in,stickering looks like oem sticker..
    The pics are awesome..post more,along with mileages that you get..
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

@Kiran : Your Cars Looks fabulous , Mann !!! And Great Pic's Too.... ;)
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Excellent Kiran!!! :wow :drinks

Kiran & I are extremely sedate drivers :rage, Please don't ask us about Mileage ;P. Fiat is actually planning to use our mileage figures rather than the ARAI ones to boost sales.
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ohh Kiran Anna its raining here..Deadly pics...
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally you decided to start your own thread, rather than spamming others threads , eh?? nice :p
    The final outcome is sexy.... After all these mods, the 14" alloys looks not sporty enough to compliment the rest of the mods :D . BTW why did you leave the Small part of pillar between the front glass and quarter glass panel? get that part also black to get the uniformity. The multijet badge at the rear could have been replaced by "multijet" badge from palio SDX, you can order that from TASS .
    One more thing left is to blacken the headlamp bezel . Check out thomman's thread to see how it looks in red punto. its gorgeous and totally transform the frontal looks.

i m also tempted to do the side lower stripes after seeing yours .. may be next week :cool:
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Kiran nice pics and write up. The Abarth sticker on C piller completely spoiled the look of the car. Its too big. The Abarth stripes are perfect.